Chapter 2 - Fateful Meeting

Chapter 2 – Fateful Meeting

            The door creaked open as I stumbled inside the threshold of my family's penthouse, my black leather boots from the previous night clutched in my left hand as I pushed the door opened with the other. Expecting to the a frowning face of my father once round the corner into the living room – what I usually welcomed me home after a long night of partying - I was surprise when only emptiness and silence greeted me.

I guess he's already given up on setting me straight, I mused.

As I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, I can't help but think about the green-eyed guy I saw last night. They looked so familiar. But it couldn't be. It could be just another guy, he's not the only one with green eyes, I try to convinced myself. But it's impossible to replicate the look in those eyes no matter the colour. After I gulped down the cool water, I sighed. He left Des, why are you still thinking about him?

The clearing of throat interrupted me from my pitiful thoughts and I spun around to face its owner. Only to see my dad, with that familiar frown upon his face. Well, look at that, I smirked, he hasn't given up on me after all.

My dad is a vision of a bussiness tycoon; dark blonde hair perfectly styled-up, firm blue eyes on a stern face that can make anyone quake on their feet and a smart black Armani bussiness suit on. I barely see him out of a suit, that's how devoted he is to his work.

"Where have you been?" his gruff voice asked.

I rolled my eyes, making my way to my room. "You know as well I do where I have been, dad. So let's just skip the pretenses that we always do - it's getting kind of old." I hear him sighed from behind me. "Besides, it won't do any good either way." Once I reached my bedroom door, I turn to face him one last time, "Don't you have an empire to run or something? I hardly think chatting away with me with help with the business, esspecially when it's unwelcomed."

He barely flinched at my harshness anymore but the hurt is clearly visible in his eyes, eyes that are similar to my own. Silvery-blue orbs. "Can't a father care for the well-being of his own daughter?"

"Not when he hardly cared for her before," I shot at him accusingly. "Is that all?"

My father let out a deep sigh, rubbing his forehead, "Yes, I need to talk to you about something. Get cleaned up and meet me in my office." Not a chance. As if reading my thoughts, "Don't even think about bailing out Destiny, I'll have John escort you so if you're even a minute late, he'll take you there kicking and screaming," he warned, eyes determined. Crap! John is my father's personal bodyguard and confidant, he's huge and always listen to no one but my father. The bottom line is, there's no easy way out of it.

But that doesn't mean there isn't a way, I thought.

"By the way, just to ensure you won't giving John any trouble," he started as he slowly stride to his office, his back to me, "remember the lisence you asked about keeping Zeus after the complains the entire building petitioned?" My ears perked up at that – I've been waiting for months, those annoying, nosey people won't stop pestering about having Zeus removed. "Well, let's just say, I have it and you need to be a good girl to get it from me."

 I fumed. "This is practically blackmail!"

"You can label is as you wish, the facts won't change." That sly fox! I can just imagined him smirking, "See you in 15 minutes." Then he close the door to his office as I keep staring daggers at it.

Scratch that, there is no out of this one.

***

I went to my ensuite bathroom to take a quick shower. I can't help but wonder why my father would go to such lengths to just talk to me. True, I've avoided and, not to mention, dreaded talking to him in the past.