"Oh my god..." He breathed out as he walked towards her and pulled her into a tight hug as he started to sob.

His tears fell on Ella's shoulders as he hid his face in the crook of her neck, crying like a baby. He was so relieved to actually see someone who was real. Someone who meant a lot to him. He wasn't going insane as he thought he was. The mental and physical abuse Lucifer gave to him was unbearable.

"I am so glad that you are okay..." Ella whispered and she turned back from the hug, scanning the basement to see if Samuel would come but there was no one else than just the two of them.

"Where is Samuel?" Ella asked and seeing the blank expression on Alec's face was enough for the to figure out that something bad had happened. The lump in her throat grew bigger as she slowly let go of him and felt her hands becoming numb.

"L-Lucifer..." Alec stuttered, not being able to come out of his words. For him being a Shadowhunter, he had never felt this cowardly as he has been feeling these past few days. Only if Lucifer had made it easier for him to end his own life than making him live in this sort of agony of pain he couldn't escape from.

The never ending battle within himself.

"Please..." Ella breathed out as some tears started to burn in her eyes and still hoped that it wasn't as bad as she thinking it was.

Her chest was going up and down as she still waited for Alec to gather himself together and tell her what really had happened. If Lucifer dared to lay a finger on Samuel, Ella promises to end him in a way he thought he never would.

"He killed him..." Alec spoke out quietly as he focused his gaze down on the cold floor. He didn't dare to look up and see the devastation in Ella's eyes. It was his fault. He was useless. He was weak. He couldn't help him when he needed it.

It was his fault.

He was the one to blame.

"H-He..." Ella couldn't cone out of his words as she started to break down. The tears streamed down her cheeks as her eyesight became blurry because of her tears.

This was the third person she lost.

Samuel died.

He was killed.

The memories she had with him started overflowing her mind. From the first time meeting him to the last time ever seeing him. She wasn't even able to say goodbye.

Her breathe hitched when she remembered Chris. He wasn't going to take this well. This would destroy him. He wouldn't be able to overcome this as she wouldn't be too.

"Did he suffer?" Ella asked softly as Alec took her in his embrace. Alec remembered the painful screams as they both were tied up. The agonising pain that wasn't ending for him or Samuel until something snapped.

A bone.

He squeezed his eyes shut to forget the memory. There was no way Alec was going to tell anyone that Samuel's last moments on this earth were unbearable for him. He knew that he didn't wanted him too.

Chris would never forgive himself.

"No, he didn't." Alec lied as he hugged her tightly while Ella remained to cry. Her heart felt heavy and once again, she was filled with this dangerous, powerful vengeance.

The same one she felt when her mother was killed right before her eyes. She clenched her jaw, focusing on something other than anger but it didn't seem to help at all. The pain was overwhelming her. Again.

"I can't believe Lucifer killed him... This is my fault." Ella spoke out quietly as she hid her face in Alec's chest. She held onto him tightly as she started to shake slightly.

Her fingers were cold and her knees felt weak. She felt like she could fall onto the ground anytime. Luckily, Alec held onto her. Not letting her go for a second even.

"I will destroy him. I will kill him." Ella said as she moved away and wiped her tears. She looked at Alec who had a worried expression on his face. He couldn't help but to be worried about her.

Lucifer was powerful. Way more powerful than he had expected. Ella couldn't just stand against him. It could destroy her in the process of it...

And she would gladly allow that.

That's what scared and worried Alec the most.

________________________________

Hello!

I am so sorry for not uploading so frequently but as many of you know by now, my university has started... I will upload the last chapter next week❤️

Also...

RIP SAMUEL.