Sam x Reader

"They won't save you!", the man shouted.

You were sitting in the corner of the room hugging your knees and crying uncontrollably. You had been kidnapped several years ago and everyday, it's the same torture. You get tied to a chair and cut on the days you don't comply. For a while you refused to let them boss you around but it got to a point where you just couldn't take it anymore so you started obeying them, even though you hated it. You always had to remind yourself of your life before this all happened. You were afraid of forgetting everything and everyone you knew and loved. There were times when you thought you had.

For the past month or so, things have been going okay, all things considered. The torture was light and they fed you more often. For once, it didn't seem so bad, which was saying a lot.

Then one day, they gave you a task that you just couldn't do. They wanted you to go back home and kill your life-long best friend, Sam Winchester. They threatened you by saying if you didn't do it, they'd kill you. But you didn't care. You refused to harm your best friend.

You made it clear to your kidnappers that you were not going to do your "mission". You were expecting them to kill you the next day. However, they didn't. Instead, they did something way worse.

They woke you up early the next morning. The old clock on the wall said 7:43. The guard opened the door to your cell and dragged you to the main room of the building. He sat you down in a chair. The boss walked in the room, only, he wasn't alone. There was someone with him. This person had a rope tied around their wrists and a bag over their head. You were pretty sure it was a guy. For some reason you felt like there was something very bad about to happen, and there was. The boss pushed the man onto his knees and took the bag off his head. You couldn't believe it. It was Sam. Your best friend since you were 6. The two of you looked at each other with tears in your eyes.

"Since you have refused to complete your mission, we have decided to complete it for you, except, you have to watch."  Said the boss. "Don't touch him!" You shouted repeatedly, but it was no use. The man got right to the point and pulled his gun from his waistband.

"Any last words Mr. Winchester?" He asked.

"Go to hell!" Sam said.

"Very well then." The boss replied, cocking his pistol.

You both knew nothing could be done. You couldn't stop it from happening. Sam then looked at you and mouths the words "I love you". The boss raised his gun at Sams head and Sam closed his eyes. The man pulled the trigger.

"NOOOOO!!" You cried. But it was too late. Sam was gone. You couldn't save him. You didn't get to tell him you loved him too, which you did. Sam was everything to you before you got kidnapped. You were crying uncontrollably now. Two men came in and dragged Sams lifeless body out of the room.

—————————————————————

"Nooo!" You cried, instantly sitting up. You had just woken up from another nightmare. This was the third time you'd gotten this particular nightmare. You hugged your knees and cried. You then looked over to your left and saw Sam sleeping peacefully. You sighed in relief but you were still crying.

All of a sudden, you started crying harder which caused Sam to start waking up. He opened his eyes and looked around blinking. He saw you crying and immediately moved closer to you, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you into him.

"Hey, hey it's okay." He said softly. "Another nightmare? He asked.

You nodded. "It w-was the s-same one." You said, tears still rolling down your face. He rested his head on top of yours and you buried your face into his neck.
"It's okay sweetheart. I'm here. Your safe, I'm safe, it's all okay." He cooed.

The two of you stayed like that for a while. Sam continued to hold you and whisper reassuring things to you. He kissed the top of your head. Eventually you stopped crying. Sam decided to turn on the TV so you two could watch something to help you calm down some more. Sam always managed to make you feel better, no matter how bad your nightmares got. You were so grateful to have him in your life.

Sam looked at the time on his phone. It was 4:23 in the morning. The two of you had been awake for almost two hours. You yawned. You were starting to get tired again. Sam must've noticed because he asked "Do you wanna try going back to sleep now?". You nodded. You laid down and Sam wrapped his arm around your waist. He gave you a soft lingering kiss.

"Sam?" You said quietly. He hummed in response.

"Thank you for helping me through my nightmares. I'm sorry for waking you up almost every night. I wish I didn't have to. You don't get much more sleep than I do." You said.

"(Y/n), I don't mind you waking me up in the middle of the night." He replied.

"Y-you don't?" You asked.

"No, not at all. I will always be here for you. It is my job after all. Besides, it makes me feel good knowing I'm able to help you and make you feel safe. I love you so much and I'll do whatever it takes to keep you happy." He says.

"S-Sam.." You said in a whisper, a tear rolling down your face. "That's s-so sweet of you to say that. And I love you too." You kiss him passionately.

"Now, lets get some sleep baby." Sam says. "Alright" you say.

"Goodnight (Y/n)."

"Goodnight Sammy."

—————————————————————

Hey guys! Hope this ones alright. I'm writing this at 3am lol. I came up with the idea of a nightmare storyline so I decided to write it before it slipped my mind. Hope you like it!  - Maddie ♥️