Happy Christmas or Horrendous Christmas?

Start from the beginning

At the bottom of the pile is an envelope addressed to her. Her name's written in a pretty calligraphy, so Poppy opens it carefully. Inside is a short letter.

Happy Christmas! This is my gift for you.

I know you're busy today, so I'll be quick. Meet me outside at the tree that you flipped around on after the Christmas Ball. I'm excited to see your creation come to life. Save me a dance.

Sincerely, Sirius Black.

Poppy blushes as she reads the note. A hand is placed on top of her shoulder suddenly, making Poppy jump. It's Sybill. "Sorry." She apologizes. "Just making sure you weren't having a heart attack, since your face was so red."

Poppy rolls her eyes, her cheeks still pink. "I'm fine, but I have to speak with Professor Slughorn about last minute decorations and rules. Not to mention the band."

Sybill laughs. "I'm sure it will be lovely."

"Oh my god!" Indi suddenly screeches, everyone turns to look at her. She runs up to Poppy with wide eyes. "Don't forget to come to my dorm for hair and makeup."

Poppy grins. "Of course."

"You like to talk." Sybill comments.

Indi smirks and winks at Sybill, who blushes red. Indi giggles and runs away, which makes Poppy laugh. "Are you okay? Just making sure you aren't having a heart attack. You're bright pink." Poppy mocks.

Sybill turns even brighter and pushes the redhead away. "Shut up."

*✶⋆*★

         Hours later Poppy feels the strong urge to pull her hair out. Everything seems to set her off, from the band to the gossiping students, so Poppy lets everyone have a break. She skips lunch to try on her own dress which is absolutely gorgeous. Indi joins in, bringing her lunch along since she believes she can't live without it. However, she does bring Poppy a cinnamon eggnog and forces her to drink it.

Charlie comes along with Poppy throughout the day. The calm of her storm. He even shoos away some fourth years when Poppy's twitchy, which is strange considering that he's eleven. That's something that Poppy doesn't complain about.

"Miss Evans, the band will be running a tad late." Slughorn says cautiously, even he's scared of the tiny redhead. Charlie's eyes widen and he takes a step back in case she explodes, Slughorn follows him.

Poppy blinks, once, twice, and third time. Her smile stays on her face, only alarming everyone around her more. "It's okay." She whispers.

"They said they'll be able to make it, but they will miss the first thirty minutes of the dance." Slughorn tries to help.

Charlie leans towards the professor, who leans down to hear him. "If I were you I'd make a draught of peace." Slughorn nods and scurries off.

Suddenly, Poppy stands up straight with wide eyes and with a real smile. Charlie takes another step back, frightened. "Wait!" Poppy throws her hands up into the air. "Call Professor Flitwick and tell him to prepare the frog choir.

Charlie sighs with relief. "Great plan Poppy."

Thank Merlin Poppy doesn't hear the little second year whispering. "She's scary."

*✶⋆*★

         Fimmy forces everyone to go to the Great Hall for dinner, saying that she worked hard for the food on those tables and that we better enjoy it instead of being cooped up in the Kitchen. They all reluctantly agree, even Sybill joins them, a nice addition to their group, but she always seems a bit flustered in front of Indi, which makes Poppy and Charlie smirk.