Chapter eight

Blade's POV

It's been a very awkward night for me. It hadn't happened like this in more than a century. It usually would be a normal night for me in the spam of night while every mortal is sleeping.

After I had bumped into Sarah, or she bumped into me, I carefully watch her. She doesn't seem herself and yes, she could have changed over the nine years we were gone. But something doesn't seem right. Going out for fresh air to clear her mind over things I don't know about. Something must be bothering her.

It's none of my business, really, yet I'm concerned for her. Deep down I know something is wrong.

Watching her exit the building with her once blonde hair that is now a chocolate brown colour drip from the shower, I assume.

Her figure disappears into the windy night. Walking towards the door without her knowing I'm following her. I don't want to get caught.

Once she's in my view I hide in the shadows like she has done earlier. I watch how the wind softly blows her hair around, her perfect figure slouched against the wall, eyes trained in the night sky lost in her thoughts.

Sarah looks peaceful just sitting there.

"You still love her, don't you?"

Sabor walks up beside me starring out as well.

"Is it bad I still do?"

"No . . . Thinking after all these years, you'd get over your crush."

"Your right, I should have gotten over my crush on her."

"Yet I think not."

"What do you mean?" I glance in his direction.

"I mean, I don't think you will, even if she doesn't love you in that way. I also believe it's more than just a crush."

"But you just said . . ."

"I know what I said, but I believe it's way more than you think. If it's just a crush, even a hard one, you would've gotten over it eventually. Yet you haven't. Thus believing it's way more than just a crush. I could be completely erroneous, but . . . Deep down, I know something might spark. Just keep trying and maybe one day, it'll happen."

"Okay, now your starting to sound like Keir. He used to say that all the time in high school. I kept doubting it."

"Well don't. People change over time and she may have. Sarah might not show it, but I believe there is something within that hasn't fully erupted yet."

"Since when did you get all soft like that?"

He shrugged his shoulders still starting out at her. "I've always had. During the divorce, it took a bit of a toll on her. Loosing her father, I could only do so much before we left. When something went wrong earlier in life, I was always there, and she was always there as well. We've always been there for each other through the tough times. Even when my parents wouldn't accept me for being gay as they're homophobic. She's like a sister I never had. I love her as a friend and a 'brother'."

"That right there is some heart warming shit."

We chuckle.

"Yes it is. What can I say. I love the girl and if anything happens to her, it'll be like a price of me is missing," Sabor replies.

"Same bud, same."

Silence lingered is both as we don't know what else to say. It's peaceful and watching, not stalking, Sarah as she starred off into space.

"I think she's falling asleep," Sabor broke the silence. Gazing a little closer, I realize she is.

"Why don't you do the honours of taking her to our room, I'll leave the door open."

Sabe left me to get her. Honestly, I don't mind. After all these years I'd love to have her in my arms again.

As soon as I stepped outside, her scent filled my nostrils. The smell of her blood sent me into a daze. I remember back at the dance almost a decade ago, I drank her own blood after she got stabbed by Jason Vanlee.

I still regret to this day but I can't do anything now to change the past.

Her head slowly turned my way. By the looks of things, she couldn't keep her eyes open to notice who I am. Which is good.

Dropping to her level, I scoop her into my arms. Feeling her body close to mine is a dream come true, even though it has happened before.

Instinctively, she slowly wraps her arms around my neck, or at least tried to but sleep took over. Her head buried in the crook of my neck felt nice. Taking my hand away from under her knees carefully, I fully wrap her arms around me to secure her.

Walking inside, her scent lingers all over me and I won't be able to stop myself from thinking my fantasies. But I do. I have to.

Hearing her blood pump and her heartbeat vibrate against my rock solid chest, makes me realize how fragile she really is.

Shes like glass to me.

One wrong move and she shatters.

Just like Sabe promised the door is open enough to let me inside but not wide open. Pushing the door open, Sabe sits on the bed closest to the window and Kathrine sits in the chair, also by the window.

Thank god the blankets are pulled back. I lay her gently on the soft bed then pulled the blankets up to her.

I don't want her to be cold.

"She looks peaceful sleeping, doesn't she?" Sabe asks.

I nod.

"You know," Kathrine begins, "you two would make a really cute and wonderful couple. I could just imagine Sarah cuddling up to you on the couch, bed or something. Wrapped in your arms."

"Believe in yourself, Blade. Don't give up unless you know she really doesn't like you in that way."

"You're right. I've gotta believe."

Seeing her shake a tiny bit, I glance at the two whom are starring at me. Giving me a nod, I slip into bed carefully to not wake up Sarah, cause she'll be angry at me, and confused. I gently pull her close to me hoping to keep her warm from my ice cold body.

I said hoping.

I'm pretty sure she felt something because before I knew it, Sarah wrapped her delicate arms around my waist and nuzzling her face into my neck.

Glancing at the them I knew exactly what they're thinking.

"Shut up. We don't talk about this to anyone else."

"Damn, but you do look cute together," Kathrine cooed.

I roll my eyes taking another look down at Sarah. I close my eyes taking it all in.

I'm laying with Sarah. I can't believe it.

A small smile creeps on my face. Nuzzling my face into her little head, I pull her in a smudge tighter without crushing her.

"What do you want Blade?" She mumbled. I shot my head up a little freaked out. Sabe and Kathrine has the same looks as I do.

Thinking that it was enough, I slide out from under her carefully placing her back down.

"What the fuck?" Sabe says very quietly only for Kathrine and I to hear.

Next thing we knew, whimpers are heard.

"Sarah," I begin.

She isn't waking up. "Sarah."

The other two join as Sabe gently shakes her. Finally she jolts awake sweat pouring from her forehead, panting. Feeling her side where she was stabbed, she seems relieved when no blood stained her hands.

"What the hell? Are you okay?" Kathrine asks.

"Yeah, just a nightmare. No need to worry about it."

Although it can't just be a nightmare where she said my name, then whimpered and now feeling where she was stabbed.

Something is wrong and I'm going to find out.