𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. 𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑦 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔

Start from the beginning

He sighed. "I mean . . ."

"Oh, God." Valerie lifted her head to stare at him, her eyes widened as she whispered, "Are you a psychopath?"

"I wouldn't say that I'm a psychopath," he scoffed, giving a small shake of his head. "Just a little . . . insane, maybe."

"Yeah, that's great to hear." She gave him a sarcastic smile that could rival his own, rolling her eyes.

"You know what else is great to hear?" He quirked an eyebrow, a smirk growing on his face as he leaned toward her.

Her eyes narrowed in suspicion. "What?"

"Silence," he whispered.

Valerie stared at him for a moment, her eyes still narrowed. "If that's your way of telling me to shut up, you can shove it right up your—"

Five cut her off by pressing his lips against hers, instantly silencing her. He settled his hands around her waist and pulled her closer to him while she wrapped her arms around his neck.

The kiss was gentle at first but grew more passionate as he slipped his tongue inside her mouth and began to explore. She let out a small hum of satisfaction as his hands tightened their grip around her waist, and she tilted her head. 

"Five!" The door suddenly burst open, Klaus' hand on the doorknob as a goofy grin appeared on his face. "Oh, perfect, both of you are—holy shit!"

The two of them immediately broke away from each other, their cheeks furiously red as they settled back into their original spots.

"Klaus, what the hell! Ever heard of knocking, dumbass?" Five exclaimed, his eyes glaring daggers at the man who had begun to laugh giddily.

"Oh, dude, finally! I feel like I've been waiting for that to happen forever," Klaus giggled girlishly. "Okay, well, when you two are done making out, we're having an emergency meeting in the kitchen."

He then shut the door with a slam, leaving the other two to be embarrassed by themselves.

"Jesus Christ," Five muttered as he ruffled his hair with one hand. He looked up to her with the big, sarcastic smile she was used to. "Anyway, I was going to say that that was the kind of silence I like, but Klaus was a dipshit, as usual."

"Well, it's a silence I definitely can get used to," Valerie giggled before leaning forward and kissing him once more. She stood up afterwards, smoothing out the bottom of her dress as she raised her eyebrows. "Should we head to the kitchen now?"

"Wanna race?" Five quirked an eyebrow, his lips twisting into a challenging smile.

A grin grew onto her face as she reminded him, "You know I always win."

"Well . . . I think things have changed, I am nine years older than you now," he pointed out with a shrug.

"Age has nothing to do with it," Valerie countered as she put her hands on her hips and tilted her head. "If anything, it would mean that you're slower."

"No, it means I have more experience than you do," he cut in with raised eyebrows, and a grin grew onto his face. "Which means I'm better than you."

"We'll see about that." She smirked as she turned towards the door. She glanced back at him as he stood up, and quickly counted down, "Three . . . two . . . one!"

Valerie didn't even bother to open the door, instead just phasing through it before dashing down the stairs and reaching one of the chairs in the kitchen in less than five seconds. Klaus, who was on the other side of the table, screeched, almost spilling the coffee he had in his hand.