Assumptions by TashaBlackWidow

Start from the beginning

He poured the coffees then left the room, a mug in each hand, and then went back down the hall to his bedroom, leaving the others alone once again.

"See! Tony declared, pulling the sunglasses off and throwing an arm in the direction Clint just left in.

"See what?" Steve asked.

Bruce shrugged. "He makes her coffee all the time."

"Natasha is incredibly particular with her tastes," Thor agreed. "Clinton is the only one of us who can cater correctly."

"Because he's banging her brains out!" Tony cried out. Thor looked confused and he rolled his eyes. "Sex, Thor. He's having sex with her."

Thor raised an eyebrow. "No, he's taking her a beverage she enjoys."

Tony resisted the urge to smack himself in the face.

"We should just leave them to whatever it is they're doing," Steve suggested. "They work hard, how they unwind is their business, not ours."

"As team leader, shouldn't you have a firm opinion on fraternisation?" Tony suggested.

"When it comes to Natasha, who could kill me with a finger?" Steve shook his head. "I have no opinions on her fraternisation."

Tony was now looking at the hall Clint had walked down. "Do you think she wears the trousers in bed too?"

Thor frowned over his sixth pop-tart. "Would that not impede the lovemaking?"

"I meant, do you think she's in charge?" Tony explained. "Or do you think she lets him call the shots?"

Bruce sighed and looked down at the newspaper. "She's going to hear us...somehow...she'll know we had this conversation and she'll kill us all..." he mumbled to himself.

"She's not going to hear us," Tony brushed aside. "She's strong, but she doesn't have superpowers, remember."

"She's going to kill you," Bruce continued. "Actually murder you."

"Why does it even matter if they're sleeping together or not?" Steve asked him. "You can't be jealous because you have Pepper, so what is it?"

"Because it's gossip!" Tony exclaimed. "We may be the first ones to figure this out."

At this, they all laughed. "You think that they're sleeping together and Coulson doesn't know about it?" Banner asked. "He's been their handler for years, he definitely knows."

"So you're admitting that somethings going on?" Tony asked. He returned to his newspaper in silence. Steve shook his head. "Haven't you noticed how much...calmer she's been since Barton got back from Peru? She's only threatened to kill me twice. In a month. She used to threaten me four times just while getting her morning coffee...which Barton now makes for her, might I add."

At this, Steve's interest peaked. "She's been laughing more, and not in that 'I smile because I'll hurt you' way..."

"See, something has definitely got to her..." Tony trailed off.

"The sex really is that good," came Natasha's voice from the hall.

The four men whipped their heads up fast enough to hurt to see that Natasha and Clint were now standing in the doorway, leaning against each other with their coffees, looking thoroughly amused with each other.

"That, and the screaming orgasms definitely make her happier," Clint added with a nudge of her shoulder, to which she punched him back, definitely with less force than usual which made them think it was all true.

"Tony started it," Steve mumbled out as he looked into his breakfast.

"Our sex life is always a good morning conversation," Clint mused.

"I was curious," Tony shrugged. "And, might I add, completely right," he rounded on the others. "I told you they were sleeping together."

"Sleeping together?" Natasha laughed, looking at Clint.

"Tony, we're married," Clint explained.

Tony's spoon dropped into his cereal, and the pair in the doorway held up the hands holding the matching rights on their left hand.

"You're what?"

"Married," Natasha confirmed. "Four years today, actually."

The four men were stunned, looking at them as if one of them had announced they were leaving S.H.I.E.L.D to start their own clothing range.

Still, they were met with silence, so Clint took Natasha's hand and pulled her down the hall. "Maybe they'll shut up now so we can continue..." he said, sliding his hand down her as they went back into their bedroom and closed the door.

Back in the kitchen, the four men stared at each other, then went back to their breakfast in silence. They remained that way for some time until Tony mumbled into his almost-empty cereal bowl...

"Told you they were sleeping together..."