She nods, and opens the door all the way, slipping out. Before we head off, I lead her to my room to offer her Tiffany's trench coat again. I also handed her my hairbrush so she could brush her hair that was a mess from rubbing it dry with a towel. She stands in front of the mirror, brushing her hair slowly.

As soon as she is ready, we head out before Dad wakes up and starts asking me questions. I text Rhett to let him know where I was going and I will meet him at work.

We walk along the path in silence, heading to the shopping strip. I was thankful it wasn't too hot just yet, otherwise the girl wouldn't be able to walk on the concrete without shoes.

Hungry Jacks isn't pack when we arrive, and it never is in the morning until after nine thirty when the strip begins to get crowded. I ask the girl what she wanted. She stares at the menu and points to what she wanted. I ordered our food, waiting for five minutes and then take a seat at a table near the entry of the restaurant.

I sit across from her, sipping my coffee as I watch her unwrap her bacon and egg muffin. She bites into it, eating it fast like she hadn't eaten in days. I offer to buy her another meal, but she shakes her head. I allow her to eat my hash brown, and she takes that while I eat my own bacon and egg muffin.

"So where are you going to go?" I ask her. "Do you have family or friends nearby?"

The girl shrugs, taking a sip of her drink.

"Listen, if you need a place to stay, I can talk my parents into allowing you to stay with us. We are moving houses next week, but I'm sure they will be okay with you staying with us until you find a place to stay."

She gives me a half smile, but doesn't say yes or no.

As I watch her as I eat, I try not to feel frustrated or impatient with her for not saying anything at all. There has to be a reason why she won't talk at all. I wonder how she communicates with people if she gives them all the silent treatment. I'm sure she has her reasons why, but at the same time she could at least write her words down on paper for me to read.

"So, what is your name?" I ask her. "You already know my name is Riley."

She doesn't meet my eyes and remains there in silence.

Before I could ask her anymore questions, I hear Rhett's voice behind me.

"Hey, how's it going guys?" Rhett greets us as he stands beside us at our table.

"Morning, Rhett," I greet him.

Rhett turns in the girl's direction, smiling at her as he gives her a small wave. She returns it.

The girl and I finish our drinks and we clear the table, heading to Rip Curl. The store opens in fifteen minutes, and I ask the girl to stand outside until the store is open. She stares at me, terrified about the idea of me leaving her outside. I don't ask her what is wrong. I won't get an answer if I do ask her.

Rhett and I head inside, helping our other co-worker Katelynn, to set up before we open up shop.

Exactly on nine o'clock, I open the doors, inviting the girl in. She walks shyly into the store, looking around.

"Listen, pick something you would like to wear," I tell her. "If you need any assistant with anything, just let me know or Rhett or Katelynn. I will pay for everything."

She gives me a half smile, nods, and then looks around.

Katelynn calls me over to wear she stood at the cash register. In a soft voice she says, "Who is that girl?"

I shrug. "I don't know. Rhett and I found her on the beach yesterday. She had an accident. She got out of hospital last night."

Katelynn glances over at the girl as she looks through a rack of t-shirts. She turns back to me, her hazel eyes staring right back at me, somehow knowing I'm lying. "Don't you mean escaped? I saw her on the news this morning."

My heart races fast, panicking, wondering what the media coverage will say. I never watched the news this morning.

"You did?" I ask. "What did the news say?"

"They showed footage of her escaping the hospital with someone. Some doctor who was treating her said she is dangerous and could be harmful towards others. They want her found so they can get her the help she needs."

I understood why they thought she was dangerous after the screaming fit she had yesterday when Rhett and I arrived. But since helping her escape yesterday, she didn't seem like she was crazy. She was completely quiet.

"Don't believe everything the media says," I tell her.

I move away, walking over to Rhett who was tidying up the shoe rack. I watch the girl, making sure she was alright. When she comes over to Rhett and me, I pretend I'm talking to him about our work and not staring at her.

"Do you need any help?" Rhett asks her as she stares at the rack of shoes.

Without answering, she pulls a pair of blue thongs off the rack and disappears into the change rooms.

"She really isn't the talking type, is she?" Rhett says to me.

I shake my head. "No, she isn't. I wish she did speak. It's hard to communicate with her without knowing what she is really thinking."

"I'm sure she will come around soon. Maybe she is really shy and won't speak until she gets to know you more."

I nod. "Yeah," I say, softly.

"I notice she is wearing Tiffany's trench coat."

"Yeah, I allowed her to wear it to cover her hospital gown underneath her."

A customer enters the store, and I leave Rhett to see if they needed any assistant. They tell me they're fine and went to browse around the store. I keep an eye on the change rooms, wanting to check on the girl, but I figure she will be alright. She comes out ten minutes later, dressed in denim jeans and a white shirt with Rip Curl printed on the front, and wearing the thongs she had picked out.

She looks... stunning.

She hands me the coat and gown, and smiles. I take them from her, returning the smile.

"So you're happy with what you have picked out?" I ask her.

She nods.

I lead her over to Katelynn, paying for the clothing.

"Well, you're free to go," I tell her. "Take care of yourself."

She smiles, giving me a wave before turning to walk out of the store.