Chapter 21: Dinner Date with who?

Start from the beginning

"Katashia, late again." Josh sighed. 

"sorry." nasambit ko na agad na umupo katabi ni Ben. 

"anyways. As what I have said, we don't need to worry about the HarleyQueen anymore.  I'm not sure how it happened, but Larry withdraw his decision about purchasing the company." patuloy ni Josh. 

"wait, wait, wait. What exactly is happening?" takang tanong ko sa kanila na napatingin sa iba ko pang kasamahan. 

Nakangiti lang silang nakatingin sakin. But I'm still shocked of what's happening. Of coarse I'm so glad that Larry doesn't want to buy the company, but I'm confused! 

"well, since you are late you haven't heard anything about it. You and I are going to talk later." he glanced at me. 

Then he started talking about the new project for next month. He also talked about our new investor, and things about company franchise. 

.

.

"would you like to explain to me why you are late again?" Josh asked me while I am sitting across his table. We are currently in his office.

"actually, I'm not like literally late. I got here on time." sighed. "it's just that, I saw someone familiar. There are things that we need to settle, so I run after him."

"did you two meet?"

"no." hindi ko alam kung bakit bigla akong nalungkot ng maisip na hindi kami nagkita. 

It's only a week that we are not together and I freaking missed his presence. I couldn't even sleep peacefully, and always woke up in the middle of the night. Siguro dahil nasanay akong katabi sya gabe gabe ng nasa boracay pa kami. 

I heard Josh sighed. 

"hmm. I know that you're still upset asking you to came back so early." he said. "but Tashia, you know that you're one of the assets of the company. We really need your presence in the said meeting. Regardless if you have finished your book or not."

"I know, and I told you already. I'm not upset. It's just that--."

"is it because of the guy Benny was talking about?"

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" takang tanong ko na natigilan habang kunot noong nakatingin sa kanya. 

Dang! Nasabi ko pala kay Benny ang tungkol kay Blake. Hindi ko inakalang aabot pa to kay Josh. 

"I knew." he shrugged. Then sighed again. "I'm pretty sure this is kind of hard, having an interest with a guy far away from you. I don't want to interfere with your relationship, but this is my company that we are talking about. I can not lost it. Let's say Larry pursued to buy the company, specially with the financial situation that we have -- then there will be a lot of us who will get unemployed. I don't want that to happened. Not if I know that all my employees here are worthy with their jobs. Specially you, you're one of the best writer in the country."

"I know, and I understand." I sighed. "it's just that, I don't know what is happening to me. I'd never been like this before.  I couldn't sleep, lose of appetite and I couldn't focus on anything at all."

I heard him chuckle. 

"well honey, there are things that are really difficult to explain. Specially when it comes to love. You will never know when you will meet your destiny."

"you think so?"

"I know so." he smiled at me. "it's pretty ironic though for a writer working on a romantic stories that haven't been in a relationship yet."

"I've been in a relationship, well--like 8years ago." I shrugged. 

Natawa uli si Josh sa sinabi ko. Alam naman nya ang past ko, besides he is like my uncle. Not in blood, but his brother was my step-dad. Me and my Mom are really greatful because their whole family are very kind to us and welcoming. 

"ohh, by the way.   . There are 3men earlier, and Rhaze said that they have a meeting with you. What is it all about?"

" oh yeah, he is the new investor."

"what's his name? Was it Blake?"

"No. It is Alexander." He then cleared his throat, and continue. "by the way, he wanted to meet you. But since you weren't on the meeting earlier, he wants to see you personally. Like dinner perhaps?"

"dinner? Why?"

"because I said so, he will be leaving the next day. So I don't want to disappoint or do something that may lead into withdrawal of his investment. The money was a big help for the stability of our company, and you know that. This is a favor from me, not as your boss. But as your uncle." he give me this pleading looks. 

"but--."

"please Katashia, the reason why he chooses us for investment is because of your work. He knows you have a great potential and wanted to support us. This is a great opportunity for our company, and for you." 

"ahmm-- okay. Well-- when is the dinner?"

"tonight. I had give him your address and number."

"what?! Why did you do that?" 

"c'mon, it's not big of a deal."

I groaned rolling my eyes at him. He just smiled then dismissed me. 

## around 7pm##

Third party's POV

Kakatapos lang maglagay ng make up ni Katashia. She's already ready for the dinner. She is wearing a black sequin long sleeve bodycon and a sexy silver rhinestone open toe single sole high heels matching with a silver rhinestone frosted evening clutch bag. Kinuha nito ang cellphone ng marinig iyong tumunog. Someone send her a message, stating that the ride is outside her apartment. Agad nyang kinuha ang purse at lumabas. Bumungad sa kanya ang isang magarang sasakyan na Mercedes S-class AMG S63. Nakatayo doon ang isang lalaking naka suit tsaka agad na binuksan ang pintuan ng kotse. 

"good evening Ms. Stanford, I'm Gab and I will be your driver for tonight. Mr. Alexander wanted me to fetch you." wika ng lalaki na nasa 40's ang edad. 

"how can I assure that you're not deceiving me?" tanong nya rito na nakakunot ang noo. Tapos ay biglang nag vibrate ang phone nito. Agad na binasa ang message na nagpapatunay na ang client nga ang nag padala sa lalaking kaharap nito ngayon. 

Wala nang nagawa si Katashia kundi ang sumakay sa kotse. Tahimik lang ito sa passenger seat hanggang sa makarating sila sa isang 5star hotel.