"That is because you are the closest thing to a prince to us." I confessed speaking for the entire world. 

His eyes shined at my compliment. 

He managed to get me back into his hold I had slowly gotten out of during our small bickering.

"Then does that make you my princess?" He smirked.

I quickly shook my head, my eyes vehement in trying to show him that I was telling the truth. Though really, I was not.

He let me off the hook with a squeeze given to my arm. 

"Are you going to finish your story?" 

His interest in this was understandable as I never really talked about my childhood like he did.

"No," I decided. "Looking back on all of this, it just- it makes me sad."

"Why is that?"

"Because everything has changed."

"Change can be good."

"It's not that kind of change Luca. You and I both know this."

"Yes, I know. But just because it's not that kind now it doesn't mean it won't be in the future. You have to live with a positive outlook on life as best as you can, Della. The world is already dark enough that it's dangerous to allow your mind to reflect such a similar shade. Just like that version of you that saw everything in screaming colors, face life head on without conforming yourself. I know it's easier said than done but isn't everything in life that way?" He tipped his head down so he could get a better look at my face.

"Be you Della. Just be you. That's all I could really ask for." He ended, his voice had gotten deeper.

But what if I didn't know who I was? I didn't know how to be your Della anymore, Luca.

As if he was reading my mind, Luca gathered me into a warm embrace. I had no idea I was so cold before he held me.

He was truly amazing.

Completely lost in our own little world, we didn't notice someone had entered until we heard the clearing of a throat.

I knew it was him before I looked.

Luca pushed me away from him as if I had burned him at the sight of my father.

He looked between the two of us nervously, not quite knowing what to do with himself after a minute of silence.

"Allow me to introduce myself sir, I'm Luca Meyers." I watched as he held out his hand to my father who took it a little too roughly for my liking.

I saw Luca wince but the smile on his face was still there. He was trying so hard to play it safe after being caught holding me like he was.

Not a very good first impression.

Though, his thoughts on Luca didn't matter anyway. It was not like I was going to stop seeing him if he wanted me to. 

The thought of him asking me to do such a thing almost made me laugh aloud.

As if he had the right.

"I'm Della's dad." Was the only gruff response.

"I figured," Luca replied. "You two look awfully alike."

Both of our heads snapped in his direction at his blatant lie. All he did was continue to smile. What a suck up...and should I be offended?

Apparently the man before me was not. "I heard that many times while she was growing up. Her mother likes to think she looks more like her though so I let her."