He hummed in response. "What about it, love?"

"I think I was about nine years old at the time," I carried on with my eyes still closed. "My birthday gift was that pink princess bike and I remember being so happy because my parents even got it without training wheels - because you know, those were only for amateurs."

His chest vibrated in humor.

"Suckers they were," He added slyly.

"Indeed." I smiled a little at his consideration.

"Go on," he encouraged.

I let out a sigh. My cheek pressed against the soft material of his shirt. 

"I wrecked it," My voice quivered at the memory. "One day I was riding down the avenue and this fluffy white cat came out of nowhere- ugh, I still remember how my mom scolded me and told me out of anger that I should've just hit the cat instead. That's still the meanest thing I've ever heard her say to this day the moment she saw me start crying in the hospital room where I had been patched up like a voodoo doll after crashing into the neighbour's tree."

"My ankle was twisted in ways that it shouldn't have. I got scratched all over my body and the worst part, I had the biggest and nastiest bump on my forehead that made me look so ugly!"

My heart stuttered at the feeling of a pair of soft lips at the aforementioned spot. Luca kissed it gently saying, "I don't think that could ever be possible."

"A-Anyway...."

"My father wasn't as upset about the situation like my mom was. I mean, of course he worried about my well-being but he always believed in a little potholes here and there will always exist on the road to success. That belief went for me literally when learning to ride my bike I guess. I remember it. That hot summer day. I was recovering and bored out of my mind with the tv shows- that's when he came in the living room with the exact bike I had trashed! You'd think I'd be scared out of my wits to get back on that thing but I couldn't have been more excited. Mom on the other hand..."get rid of it!" Was the first thing she had screamed, followed by calling my father crazy. But he managed to convince her that it was all a part of life's process. During that day towards the evening, that picture was taken, with me having the dumbest grin on my face.''

"Your father must have adored you a lot to spoil you to such an extent." Luca commented.

"He did." I agreed easily.

"Did?"

It was then as I turned in his hold, I had opened my eyes. "Did."

I bit the inside of my lip, cursing myself in my head for my confirmation when that look came across his face. The one that meant he was met with a new challenge, a mystery that he was going to have fun unraveling.

"This one..." I moved on to the next picture that was also filled with joy. "That was at a camping retreat where we'd gone on holiday. You're probably wondering why everyone else is wearing such dark colors while I'm in that bright yellow dress. As you know, I had a fetish for the rainbow when I was younger."

"Well noted."

"No one could tell me my pink ballet flats didn't match with my flaming red dress. Looking back I cringe at my odd behaviour."

"Why? It was cute." Luca said, fingers trying to pinch my cheeks but I slapped them away.

"And my delusions of being royalty? Not to mention you didn't help after calling me a princess."

"If I recall correctly, I called you a dirty princess," I scoffed. "And there's nothing wrong with that mindset, just take a look at me - I'm wearing an invisible crown without even asking for it."