17 | Glass Slipper

Start from the beginning

***

I woke up to a phone ringing. It was an unfamiliar tone. I rolled on the plushy bed I have no recollection of getting into. I tensed immediately. Damien's face held a mischievous smile and it gave me the creeps.

Ugh! Why did I feel like I had been hit over the head with a baseball bat?

"Why...What am I doing in here?" 

"Did you rest well?" He asked, ignoring me completely.

Swinging my feet off the bed, I attempted to walk across the room but stumbled, falling flat on my face. My feet were tied together in a knot.

My eyes flashed up to him.

"Just so that you don't run away," he informed me.

I rolled into a seating position as my heart hammered widely within my chest. "Why are you doing this?" 

He studied me instead on answering.

"Why are you doing this goddammit!" I swung my freed hands at him.

"Feisty," he commented and that was when I realized he wasn't sober.

Upon analyzing him for a moment I was convinced. His bloodshot eyes and disheveled appearance said it all.

"I like it." He grinned.

A shiver went down my spine. 

He noticed it.

A smile crept over his features as his hand ran first down my thigh and then up to my chest. I wiggled as I tried to get his filthy paws off me.

Retreating he put up his hands in mock surrender. "Okayyy...I won't touch you."

He stood up and turned his back to me as he searched for something on the dresser. I screamed as soon as I saw him press record on his phone.

There was no hesitancy when he backhanded me. "Shut up, you gold digging bitch." He hissed, saliva reaching my face.

My head twisted to the side at the painful impact. I couldn't even afford to let out the shout that wanted to escape me.

I was truly terrified now.

"Look at the camera," he cooed. 

I refused to do as he asked. 

"I said look at it!" I felt his fingers dig into my cheek, the four ovals that would remain and probably discolor my skin. The scream was stifled. I could hear him panting, the pleasure in his breath, like an animal in heat. "Yes, that's it. Look."

The tears couldn't help but fall from my eyes as I complied. He was videoing my suffering. Just like a psychopath would. All of it was too much for me to take in. 

The phone was pointed at him as he spoke rapidly. "See Luca? Not so much of a big shot now are you? Couldn't even save your girl from being exposed like this," he ripped at my shirt, revealing my bra and I shrieked in surprise. 

"Figures," he winked. "Sluts never do know how to keep their clothes on."

"He's gonna find out," I panted. "He's gonna find out it's you."

"Not if I edit out my voice and face, sweetheart."

"You're crazy!" I spat in his face. Literally.

And then he did the most disgusting thing. His tongue slithered out and licked the residue away. "They say the best people are."

I was gagging at what he had done. I always knew there was something off about Damien but I didn't think it exceeded anything more than jealousy of Luca. But this...this was insanity at its finest.