17 | Glass Slipper

Zacznij od początku

I rubbed at my eyes before I looked beside me but my vision was lacking. Once again there was nothing but a big blur but somehow his voice was familiar. Being out of it though I was unable to tell why that was so.

"P-Party," Was the only response I could manage. I winced when it came out in the disgusting form of a burp.

I heard him chuckling.

"What have you been drinking- Della?" 

The noise around me began to flood my ears again and I turned my head in the direction of the sound of my name.

"Do you...do you know me?" Ugh, why did my words come out all slurred?

"Oh wow," He blew out. "You've obviously had way too much to drink. Let's get you out of here." Chuckling, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I froze for a moment, but relaxed when I decided I liked the feeling. He smelled nice. 

As he helped me up I wanted to ask who he was but whatever that left my mouth was incoherent and followed by his polite reassurances. 

A door knob being turned gave a familiar click and I became panicky. What if he was going to take advantage of me? I found it creepy how he knew my name after having stared at me from across the room for so long?

Did I have a stalker I knew nothing about? 

Well do people normally know that they have a stalker, Della?

Shut up.

This is not the time for your snarky retorts.

My eyes squinted and adjusted to the bright light of the room I was ushered into. It was a bedroom.

I turned on my heels and came face to face with the clear outline of somebody that I, fortunately, knew.

"Hi," I smiled sheepishly, meeting blue eyes with a guy with dark hair, who was obviously scolding me because I had too much to drink.

"Why would you get so wasted without anyone next to you? You didn't even tell me you were coming here in the first place. Do you know how scary places like these can get-"

Luca's gaze softened as a hiccup left me during his speech. I covered my mouth and looked up with guilt. "Sorry."

I was pretty sure he was angry at me. I wondered what I could do to make that not be the case.

However, before the thought had time to fully form in my head, he was pulling my hands away from my mouth and placing them against my sides. I waited with big eyes.

His fingers pinched my cheeks teasingly. "Argh...you should be grateful that you're so damn cute," And with that he rummaged through the room and when he apparently didn't find what he was looking for he turned back to me.

"Stay here for a second. I'll go and check the bathroom for some pills you can take to ease the pain and get you a glass of water. I can't believe you managed to have your drink be manipulated with."

"Twas not my fault..."

"I know," he sighed then swiftly pecked my forehead. 

"Stay here." He ordered once again before leaving out the door.

I took a seat on the bed flopping backwards at the heightening headache. Whoever did this to me was so cruel.

Oh no! What if someone else gets tricked into drinking it too?

"I need to go and warn them." I dragged myself out of bed and made my way out the room.

Biggest mistake of my life.