Prologue

This story is just fictional. Any name or scenarios in this story is also fictional.

The following chapters may contain inappropriate words.

Any name that are similar to others are purely coincidental.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Quila! Let's go!"

My friend Amie shouted. She went with me to my medical mission out of the city.She's a nurse but helped a lot for the medical mission to be successful. We were rushing for our flight.

"Wait!"

I followed her and just hopped in the car. It took us half an hour to reach the airport. The line was so long and it even took us more time! I was looking around the airport and saw a familiar figure. But I didn't care baka kamukha lang.

"Hoy Reen! Tara na!" We were the next one to check in. I didn't know I was staring for that long. After checking in, we went to the boarding gate. It was only 10 minutes left before the flight but to my surprise it wasn't even boarding yet.

"The flight is delayed, Ma'am. We're sorry for this." The ground attendant answered. Oh, that's why. I told Amie about it kaya she pulled me agad to the designer stores. Yaman nito ha!

"Should I buy?"

"You know what, you should ipon for your inaanak nalang." I said.

"Ikaw kaya magipon, iniwan ka ng ama ng anak mo oh!" I just rolled my eyes. Yeah, the father of my kid left me.

"Flight AP 1849 bound for Manila, now boarding." I heard from the speakers.

"Maya na! Pag na last call na tayo para sosyal!" I just laughed and Amie and followed her. I didn't want to line up there so haha! Few minutes after Amie bought the bag from Coach there was an announcement.

"Last call for Ms. Ahquila Reen Martinez and Ms. Sharlein Amie Lim.."

"Ayan na!" Amie pulled me and ran to our gate. Good thing the store was just close to the gate. We boarded and sat in our seats. A few minutes after the doors closed already and the plane started to move. I plugged my earphones.

"Ladies and gentlemen, good morning." The flight attendant spoke. She was just in front of me.

"On behalf of Captain Alvarez and the entire crew, welcome aboard Air Pacific flight AP 1849 bound for Manila"

Parang nanlamig katawan ko ng marinig ko surname ng pilot. It couldn't be him right? Dami namang Alvarez. Even I was. The flight attendant kept on speaking and I couldn't focus very well.

"Cabin crew, prepare for take-off." And I shivered when I heard the captain's voice. It couldn't be him. No way. Napatingin naman si Amie sa akin and just held my hand. It took an hour only for us to get there and I got off the plane right away. After getting my luggage sa carousel, I saw a familiar figure being carried by a woman.

"Quila!"

"Mommy!" I heard them shout. It was so soothing. I ran to my son and hugged him.

"How are you, anak?" I bent down to his level and he smiled at me.

"I'm okay mommy."

"Thank you Sev." I smiled at her.

"Sus, no problema. How's the medical mission?" Tanong naman ni Sev.

"It was successful naman." I smiled before bending down to my child's level

"How's your week with Ninang Sev?" I caressed his hair. He was just like a copy of his dad.

"It was very fun, mommy! Ninang Sev let me try the sfethoscope. I heard her heartbeat and my heartbeat mommy!"

"It's stethoscope, baby." I just chuckled and smiled at my son's figure.

"She also brought me to her and Ninong Laur's house!"

"That's good." I stood up and talked to Sev and Amie while holding my child's hand. Not until he shouted.

"Mommy, look!"

I looked back kung ano tinuro ni Khari. My eyes widened once I realized who he was pointing and it was too late already to stop Khari from running to them!

"Hello, sir! Hi, miss!" He waved at the tall man first. The attendants just waved and smiled at Khari but the man bent down and pat my child's head.

"Hello."

"Khari! Uh- I'm sorry, sir. I'm sorry miss. Khari, let's go!" I pulled Khari but he wouldn't come with me.

"Mommy! Wait! What is he?!"

"Uhm, a pilot baby! Let's go na!"

"What's a pilot mommy?" His eyes shone looking at the airplane pin in the pilot's uniform.

"I'll answer you later!" I was about to pull Khari when the pilot talked

"Khari?" The man asked.

"Yes po. Khari Aiden, sir."

"Khari!"

I shouted. Gosh! Khari was too friendly and innocent. He didn't know who he was talking to. The man just smiled at him and his eyes shined. I took Khari in my arms at kinarga ko nalang siya. He was close to crying but the pilot spoke.

"What a nice name. I'm Captain Kalmin Arthur Alvarez, by the way."

Napatigil naman ako ng magsalita na siya.

"I wanna be a pilot like you soon!"

"Really?"

I faced the pilot with wide eyes.

"Uhm, we have to go. I'm sorry." Then he just nodded and looked at Khari na umiiyak na sa shoulders ko.

"It's okay, don't cry." He went closer to me and pat Khari's head. I froze.

"It's nice to see you again, Ms. Martinez."

He looked at me and smiled with pain visible through his eyes. He looked at Khari and smiled at his son that he left 3 years ago.

________________________________________________________________________________

:> hi again