Chapter One

I was woken up by the squeal of King as he was whining while Eda was telling him he can not go to the park. I greeted them as I packed my waist length hair in a ponytail. "Oh you are awake. You dad says he wants to see you," Eda said. I went to the throne room and as he say her, he ran up to her. As she was about to go to defense mode, he hugged and said, "Thank God you are alive."

This is how he looks when he squeals

Flashback: In Emperor's Belos dream, Luz is lying in the hall and she was not breathing. As he bent her, he felt her heart and it was not beating. He said with tears and removed his mask, "Don't leave me Luz; I know I have been a bad father but please don't leave me, you are all I have and I know I made a lot of mistakes please do not leave."

Present time: I was confused. My dad was showing affection for the first time in two years. Normally, he calls me to the throne room to shout at me for spending too much time with my friends for I need to be studying or telling me my schedule for the day. Instead of telling me to let me go, I hugged him back because this was the first time I got a hug from him. After some seconds, we broke out of the hug. 

I said, "Thank you dad, this is the first time I feel happy standing beside you." He removed his mask and his gold eyes had both a sincere and happy look. We both smiled and this was the first time also laughed together. So he said, 

"If you tell no one about the hug, I will allow you go out without guards and I promise to try to be better." I replied, 

"Of course and we should this more often." He agreed as we walked our different ways. 

So I went to Eda and she asked, "So what did he tell you? I need to know cause I do see you are happy." I just replied, "He just said I can go around without the guards so I decided of having a date with Amity." Eda had a surprised because he never allowed me to even go to school without the guards. So Eda replied with a good look on her face, "Have fun with Mittens cause this might be the only time you will be alone with her." Then I replied, "Yeah maybe I can take Amity to the park with King." King thought it was a great idea so I put on one of my outfits my mom last bought for me. Eda, Lilith and Amity said I looked cute in it. While Amity wore a new cloth I never saw her wear. This was the finest clothes I ever saw Amity wear( No offense Amity). Anyway, I and Amity picked King and we went on our way to the playground. As we strolled around the park, we ran into my other friends talking to some of the classmates. They were Willow and Gus talking to Boscha, Skara and Selene. We said hi and they followed us on the rest of our walk. Gus was fourteen years old and he is as tall as all of us but he was quite short when he was twelve. Huh, how time flies. When we reached the playground, we stopped for a ice cream cone while King played in the playground. He was playing with Braxus on the swings. Braxus was one of the children which Amity read to in the library. We started talking about school when Emira and Edric were running towards us. 

Emira said while panting, "We need your help. There is a crazy guy who is chasing us because we fed the animals when they said we should not." 

Amity got mad and said, "Why do you always do the opposite of what people tell you to do; do you what mom and dad to know?"

Edric now replied in a scary tone, "And who is going to tell them? Obviously not you Mittens."

Emira said, "How could we not feed them? They were hungry and they had not feed them in a day."

Then a shoe was thrown in Emira's direction. A man in a zoo keeper's uniform then shouted, "You are now officially banned from The Boiling Isles Zoo of Mystical Creatures." Then Edric threw the shoe back and replied, "Well you are so rude and here is your shoe back."

Emira now sighed, "Ugh... looks like we have been banned from another place." Edric replied, "I will cross that off the list." They said their goodbyes as they walked away. Even as adults, they were still as stubborn and troublesome as kids. I and Amity watched the sun set after Willow walked Gus home. Gus was 14 so he had an earlier curfew than us so Willow walked him to his house. Since it was late, I decided to drop Amity off at her house and head home. Since it was not a long way home, I decided to walk with King.  

As we were walking, I heard something in the bushes. I thought someone was following  me. Then I felt someone's hand over my mouth. King tried to stop them but they were too strong. Then I blacked out. 

NOTE: THIS IS A CLIFFHANGER AND YOU MIGHT THE NEXT CHAPTER TILL THIS WEEKEND BECAUSE OF ONLINE SCHOOL. SO LET ME KNOW YOUR SHIPMENTS OF THE OWL HOUSE IN THE COMMENTS.