Chapter 20

"No, you're singing it wrong. Try going more a stronger voice at the start of your line and gradually sing softer." I heard Minji said to the person inside the studio.

Since I don't have work today, I decided to accompany her. Apparently today is the recording day for NCT Dream's newest comeback. I'm just sitting here in the sofa while watching Minji giving instructions to the person in the studio booth, who happens to be Jisung.

"Okay, noona. I'll try again." Jisung nodded immediately. I'm honestly so proud to be the stage manager of these boys. Not only are they extremely nice people, they are also very diligent and hardworking.

When Jisung went out of the studio booth, both me and Minji congratulated him for his successful recording. The younger boy just smiled sheepishly while whispering a thankyou to us. 

"Do you want to go take a bite at McDonalds? It's been awhile since we've hang out together outside our dorms without any interruptions." Minji asked while tidying her things, her work done for today.

I nodded at her, "Sure. We've been busy with either the NCT boys or work these days to spend quality time together." I commented.

"I know right. I mean our lives have been better since we've started working here, but I wish to spend quality time with my best best friend from time to time." she pouted from beside me.

I smiled playfully at her, "Oh so I'm your best best friend now? I thought you have other best friends other than me like example *cough* the dreamies."

I giggled at her flustered face that is worried about the possibility of me thinking that she replaced me with the dreamies. "Nah it's fine, I'm just kidding. I know how much you care about me and vice versa. Besides, having more friends is fine, it's not like you forgot about me." I patted her head with a smile.

She pretended to wipe tears from her eyes, "I love you so much, Haewon!! This is why I love you way more than the dreamies." she said dramatically.

"I think you've been spending too much time around Haechan." I chuckled at her while we started walking to the elevator. 

Before we walked into the elevator, Minji's phone started ringing suddenly. 

"Ah let me take this phone call first before we step in since the signal inside the elevator is horrible." Minji excused herself. I nodded at her and sat on the sofa that is in front of the elevator. 

"Hello?" I heard her say as I looked away so I won't accidentally eavesdrop her conversation on phone.

"Yeah, Haewon is here with me." I immediately turned to her again, why is the person from the other call asking for me?

I started to get worried when she widened her eyes, frantically typing in her phone. "What's wrong, Minji?" I asked her, feeling a bit of my heart drop since she mentioned my name and now she looks like she's panicking.

"What the hell?! Who did this?!" Minji started yelling to the person on the other line. My heart started beating rapidly in nervousness, afraid of what's going on.

"I'll bring her there as soon as possible." Minji quickly said before shutting her phone shut. She immediately looked at me and hugged me.

"Calm yourself down, Haewon. I'll tell you what's going on but please keep yourself calm. We're going to find a solution for this okay.." she tip toed to whisper to my ear while patting my back for comfort.

My heart started feeling worse, what's going on?

"They found out."

My eyes widened in horror while my heart started beating faster. This can't be what I'm thinking about right..?