☁︎︎Book 1: Chapter 7

The following day had gone a bit downhill. During the gala, Korra had fell into a trap that Tarrlock made. Making her join his task force. At first, Zurin was a bit hesitant and didn't want her to join. But after seeing her in action, he decided that it would help her a bit.

He did however have to help Korra calm his father down. Tenzin wasn't all that happy with Korra joining the task force, but Zurin convinced him that it could help her.

Afterwards, Korra and Zurin had both hopped on a boat to Republic City. It was silent for a while until Korra decided to speak up. "Thanks. For helping me."

Zurin smiled down at her and patted her shoulder reassuringly. "It's alright Korra. I know you somewhat don't want to do this, but it may help you more than you know. Just stay safe and don't be rash."

Korra nodded gratefully at him and brought him into a hug.

~•~•~•~

Although Tarrlock had asked Zurin to join the task force, the airbender refused. He was given a mission and task to gather as much intel about the Equalists and not to capture them.

Zurin was a man of order and law so he followed the order given to him.

He sighed as he dropped the files he was reading down to his desk. Currently, he was sat in his office. Trying to read between the lines about the Equalists moves and about Amon.

He hadn't gone home in two days as his work had been plaguing his every thought. His United Forces coat was draped on the back of his chair, his faded orange polo had the top three buttons unbuttoned. His white necktie was in his closet at the corner of his office, where he kept extra sets of his uniform. Semi-round glasses were on the bridge of his nose, his eyes closed in exhaustion.

A knock on the door woke him up from his small nap. He pushed his glasses up and tried to fix his unruly hair, with no luck. He sat straighter on his chair, hoping that it wasn't obvious that he was exhausted and had just woken up from a quick nap.

"Come in!"

The door opened, revealing a familiar emerald eyed girl. Zurin smiled warmly ( and tiredly ) at her and waved his hand for her to come in and close the door. She did just that and walked up to his desk and smiled.

"Hey."

"Asami, what are you doing here?"

She shrugged in response and dropped a paper bag on his desk, away from the many many files stacked on his desk. "Well, I heard from Korra that you were all hauled up in your office. So I came here to visit."

Zurin chuckled as he opened the bag to reveal some steamed buns. He grabbed one from the bag and took a bite from it, moaning as the taste filled his mouth.

"Thanks Asami."

"You should be. I also know that you haven't been sleeping much, Zurin." The airbender choked on the piece of steamed bun in his mouth as he heard this. Asami patted his back soothingly in hopes thta he wouldn't die or something.

Zurin stuttered a bit, adjusting his glasses and pounding a fist to his chest. "I umm... how could you tell?"

"The eyebags under your eyes."

Zurin clicked his tounge in realization and acceptance. He then stood up from his seat and went towards his closet. "So, what's up?"