☁︎︎Book 1: Chapter 2

It has been a weird day for Tenzin today. Having been called to the precinct by Lin's request and having to ask Lin to drop all charges against Korra was hectic. Not only that but his son was supposed to be here a day ago.

Tenzin sighed tiredly as he watched Korra try to go through the panels. So far she wasn't doing quite well and he didn't undestand why.

Magbe Zurin would be able to help.

"Master Tenzin! Master Zurin has arrived!" Tenzin perked up at the news and before he could react, Jinora had already dashed down the platform to see her older brother.

It seemed a bit uncharacteristic for Jinora to be running and not simply walking fast. But everyone in the island was used to it as they knew how much Jinora loved her older brother.

A Sky Bison could be seen where they usually landed theirs. It wasn't the size of Oogie as it could only hold about 4 people in it. A tall man could be seen beside it, petting its fur.

He was a very handsome and tall man with short black hair that had a windswept take on it. His eyes were the same as his father, but held the same authorative look as his mother's. He was lean, flat but very fit to the point where he had a very hard six-pack.

A small grin was on his face as he saw his younger sister of 12 years come rushing towards him. Zurin kneeled down to her height and opened his arms wide for a hug. Jinora had then crashed in his arms and almost toppled them both over. "Jinora! Goodness, you've grown!"

"I missed you Zuzu!"

"I missed you too." They both pulled away and smiled at each other. Zurin then pulled her in his arms and stood up, carrying her. Jinora giggled at her brother and hugged his neck, snuggling into his shoulder.

He could tell she was a bit sleepy, it was already 7pm but it was still a bit sunny out. He then walked towards the house, one of his bags slung on his other shoulder while the rest were being carried by another Air Acolyte.

He was then greeted by his two other siblings, who hugged his legs and stayed there until he stood infront of his father and Pema. "Hey dad."

Pema, or as he calls her Mama Pema, was stifling a giggle as she watched her children cling on to their older brother. Tenzin on the other hand was delighted to see his son and sent him a smile. "Zurin, wecome back."

Zurin smiled at his father and gave a side hug to Pema who patted his back in response. "Hey Mama. How are you and the baby?"

"We're both fine Zurin, how about you? No new scars?" Zurin chuckled nervously and started walking inside the house.

"No...?"

He then made a run for it, hoping not to anger his father or Pema. "ZURIN! WE TOLD YOU NOT TO GET HURT!"

He laughed to himself at their overprotectiveness and sighed in content. Slowly but gently, he placed each of his siblings in their respective bedrooms as they slept the night away.

The last room he went to was Jinora's. He layed his little sister on the bed gently and tucked her in. He smiled down at her and kissed her forehead lovingly. "Sweet dreams, my little bookworm."

Zurin closed her door gently, hoping not to wake her up. He sighed in relief and turned around, almost yelping when he was met with a curious waterbender. He blinked owlishly at her but then straightened his posture and looked at her questioningly.

"Excuse me, ma'am. What do you need?"

Zurin quirked an eyerbow at her as he crossed his arms infront of his chest. Waiting for her answer. The girl on the other hand looked at him with excitement and a bit of nervousness. "Oh wow, I never thought we'd meet like this! I've heard about you a lot from Tenzin and Katara! And may I just say, it's an honour to meet you!"

Zurin looked at her, confused as to who she was. His father had never mentioned a girl like her, neither did his grandmother. His head tilted to the side, a habit he had when he was very confused. "I'm sorry, but I don't think my father or grandmother have mentioned you."

Korra pouted and her shoulders slumped. She felt a twinge of dissapointment in her heart and fidgeted with her fingers. "I'm Korra."

Zurin narrowed his eyes at her, trying to remember if his father ever mentioned a Korra. It then clicked in his brain. This was Korra, the Avatar.

"Oh goodness, I am so so sorry I didn't recognize you. Dad did mention you a lot, I just didn't really... have any photo reference you know?" Korra sighed in relief, happy he knew her. She then grinned happily at him and stood straighter.

"It's alright. I'm just so honored to meet you Master Zurin." The airbender chuckled and waved his hand dismissively.

"Please, call me Zurin. I'm not that much older than you."

"How old are you?"

"Oh I'm 22."

A silence enveloped them as Korra processed this new information. After doing the Math, she looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Wait your 22? But then if I remember well, Pema and Tenzin were married after 148 AG..."

"Ah, well that's because-"

"There you are Zurin. I've been looking everywhere for you." Korra and Zurin looked towards the newly arrived Tenzin. He was looking between the two in amusement and a bit of curiousity.

"I see you've met Korra then. Korra, you know Zurin don't you?" Korra looked towards the older boy with a smirk.

"Yeah..." Tenzin then looked back towards his son and looked on with a small smile.

"Have you met Lin yet?"

An eerie silence replaced the atmosphere and Korra wasn't so sure what was happening. Zurin looked at his father with wide eyes, a bit of anxiety in his eyes. Tenzin on the other hand sighed in recognition

"Of course. The one thing you forget is to greet your own mother."