Chapter 2

Ruby and (Y,N) amazed/worried faces turns to one of shame as Glynda, with a tablet computer, paces around the table Ruby and (Y,N) are seated at, right underneath a bright light in the otherwise dark room.

Glynda: I hope that you two realize that both of your actions tonight will not be taken lightly, young lady, and young man. You two both put yourselves and others in great danger.

Ruby: They started it!

(Y,N): Ruby's right that they started!

Glynda: If it were up to me, you two would be sent home... With a pat on the back...

Glynda and (Y,N) notices Ruby's smile.

(Y,N): 'I won't be smiling if I was you, Ruby.'

Glynda: ...And a slap on the wrist.

Glynda demonstrates with her riding crop, which Ruby and (Y,N) barely avoids as they give out an "Eeek!

Glynda: But... there is someone here who would like to meet you both.

Glynda moves out of the way so a surprised Ruby and a suspicious (Y,N) can see a man in green come through the doorway, holding a mug and a plate of cookies.

Ozpin: Ruby Rose...

Ozpin leans in to look at her face. (Y,N) has a hand close to his lightsaber to activate if Ozpin gets closer

Ozpin: You... have silver eyes.

Ruby: Uh, um...

Ozpin then looks at (Y,N).

Ozpin: and...

(Y,N): (Y,N) (L,N).

Ozpin: You have (E,C) eyes.

Ozpin: So! Where did you two learn to do this?

Ozpin is gesturing with his head at the tablet showing Ruby and (Y,N)'s fighting.

Ruby: S-Signal Academy.

(Y,N): A friend of my family.

(Y,N): 'Like I would tell you that Aayla Secura trained me.'

Ozpin looks at Ruby.

Ozpin: They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?

Ruby: Well, one teacher in particular.

Ozpin: I see...

Ozpin puts the cookies on the table in front of Ruby. She tentatively picks one up, eats it in a single bite, and then, not seeing any rebuttal, shovels the rest into her mouth.

Ozpin: It's just that I've only seen one other scythe-wielder of that skill before. A dusty, old crow...

Ruby mumbles through her full mouth.

Ruby: Oh! That's my uncle!

(Y,N): Ruby don't talk with your mouth full.

Ruby swallows and wipes her mouth, embarrassed.

Ruby: Sorry. That's my Uncle Qrow! He's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. And now, I'm all like— Hooowaaah! Witchaaaa!

Ruby proceeds to make some karate-style poses and noises.

(Y,N): 'Ruby kinda reminds me of Pinkie Pie.'

Ozpin: So I've noticed.

Ozpin placed his cup on the table as he leans in, then sits down opposite Ruby and (Y,N)