CHAPTER ONE

DISCLAIMER: I don’t own the rights to claim Teen Wolf & Lost Girl as my own creation, however, I lay claim on the plot bunny idea that instigated this foray into writing a story based on characters from the aforementioned series. Also some characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel might make an appearance too in this work of pure fan-fiction...

SUMMARY: Kenzi loved and lost the man of her life, went and came back from Valhalla in one piece, got reunited with her sister from another mother and everyone else who has been her true family this past five years. But she needed some time to lick her wounds and heal; she needed a time-out from the world of the Fae and be her human self again. But she wasn’t going without a bodyguard to protect her from the world she just left behind...

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

CHAPTER ONE

KENZI TRIED HER BEST NOT TO STARE AND DROOL, but she found it harder and harder to do especially since the object of her undivided attention was doing chin-slash-pull-ups sans shirt and the cut of his upper body was something straight out of a men’s sports magazine. And that was just the view from the back of him. She lost count how many reps he has done since he started his usual morning routine.

            “Better close your mouth before a fly decides to take up residence there,” came the smart-alecky comment from the man exercising on the doorway leading to the back patio. Why he chose to prop his workout bar there instead of doing it in his room Kenzi have no idea. And she wouldn’t be complaining out loud either.

            Watching Derek Hale (yeah, weird that his last name was her late-boyfriend’s first name) workout every morning since they arrived in Spain a couple of weeks ago has been the highlight of Kenzi’s morning since her first run-in with him. At first she was annoyed that Dyson sent one of his lackeys to watch out for her after she specifically told Bo she wanted out of the Fae world. She spent a good half hour berating Dyson on the phone when she found out what Derek was doing at the airport for her connecting flight to Spain.

            “Shut-up,” she snapped but did what she was told.

            Derek finished his last set and jumped down from the bar he wedged between the door frame. He grabbed the towel he draped on handle and wiped sweat off him as he slowly pivoted around to face the snarky Russian former street rat turned closest ally of one of his good friends.

            When Dyson first contacted him about this gig, Derek thought his friend was crazy. He, Derek Hale, don’t do bodyguard work. He had enough problems guarding the growing teenage supernatural at Beacon Hills he doesn’t want to add another one on his plate.

            “Any coffee left?” Derek asked after he caught whiff of the contents of Kenzi’s mug.

            “Pot’s still fresh in the kitchen,” Kenzi replied, whacking him aside with the folded newspaper she was holding. She was headed for the gazebo overlooking the ocean. It was situated near the bluff where this mansion she inherited from her late-boyfriend was built on.

            “Thanks,” he grinned and whacked her gently with his towel before making his way to the kitchen.

            Kenzi just growled at his departing back and continued her way to her destination.

            Now their usual morning routine has begun.

            Derek would finish regaling her with his impressive physique glistening in sweat, then she’d go have her coffee and croissant or whatever she can nibble on along with her coffee at the gazebo. Derek often joined her there nursing his own cup and munching on a much heavier breakfast choice. They’d talk sometimes, but they never really talked.