𝒏𝒖𝒆𝒗𝒆.

the car ride was silent the whole way through because kairi was thinking back to the conversation him and the woman had discussed.

"do you remember anything about the guys?"

"u-um not really.."

think harder, kairi.

kairi zoned out completely ignoring anything the woman and mattia had said.

(flashback more in depth)

"should we kill her instead?" the unknown man asked.

sounds familiar.

"d-dad p-please don't m-make us do t-this.." said, another familiar voice.

"yeah the kids got more to live than her. lets just get this over with so we don't get caught."

think think. kairi, think for me please?

kairi thought harder as his mom had told him in his head. he squinted his eyes and bit down on his bottom lip, thinking for who knows how long.

"kairi! it's been awhile since we've seen you! how have you been, son?"

no.. no way.

"mommy! someone help my mommy!" the small three-year old boy cried out, watching as his mom was tied to a table and was about to be chopped up.

"go make sure he's watching the whole time, son. do it now!"

the scared italian boy jumped and walked up to the wasian. "i-i'm sorry, but my dad said you h-have to watch.."

get it now kai-

"hey, kai. we're here." mattia said, pointing to kairi's house.

kairi looked up and sighed softly, thanking the woman before walking out of the car.

"you know he probably already started to figure it out so good luck kid." the woman warned, patting mattia's shoulder a few times.

"w-what if he doesn't t-trust me anymore.."

"honey, switch spots with him and think would you be able to trust kairi after you found out the shitty ass truth just now?"

"no..."

"just be patient and hopefully he'll come around, after all you were just a little kid doing what your dad said to do."

mattia got out of the car and walked with kai into kairi's house. mattia had never been so nervous in his life. he knew kairi was going to figure everything out and basically throw mattia out of his house.

kairi closed the door once they both got in and mattia called out maiya's name to make sure she wasn't home.

"she's probably at her friends house next door-"

kairi stopped mid sentence and gasped loudly, covering his mouth with his hand. it hit him, finally after millions of years of trusting mattia he couldn't trust him anymore.

he teared up and glared straight at mattia, anger taking over his whole body. his breaths beginning to become heavier and heavier within seconds.

"you." kairi breathed out, regretting everything he'd done for the italian.

"now kairi wait let me explain ple-"

"EXPLAIN?! EXPLAIN WHAT, MATTIA? FUCKING EXPLAIN WHAT?! THAT YOU MADE ME WATCH MY MOM DIE! YOUR OWN DAD AND SOME FUCKING GUY MURDERED MY MOTHER AND YOU HELPED DO THE WORK TOO?! YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! I HATE YOU AND YOUR DAD! FUCK YOU! AND GO TO FUCKING HELL!" kairi yelled, pushing past mattia and running up to his room.

"LEAVE NOW! I NEVER WANNA SEE YOU EVER AGAIN! LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!" he shouted before slamming his door and locking it. he laid down on his bed and quietly sobbed into his pillow.

kairi felt so many emotions right now for mattia and his dad. he felt like he could literally grab a knife and end it all. he felt like he could finally be normal with mattia a few moments ago. he felt like he was the one person he could trust forever. he loved mattia with so much passion. he loved mattia's family and he still does. just not his fucking pussy ass dad.

he was also scared as fuck for his life. he trusted someone who had helped kill kairi's mom. what if he was next- no mattia would never do something like that. right?

he now hated mattia and wanted to fucking choke him to death just like he did to his own dad. he wanted to stab mattia's father til he saw his whole house filled with his blood. he wanted revenge or just do something to them that they'll remember.

kairi got up and walked out of his room to go downstairs to his kitchen. he angrily grabbed the sharpest knife he had. he sat on his counter and hesitantly placed the sharp knife above his forearm.

"NO DON'T!" kairi gasped at the loud voice. he turned his head to the side quickly and saw mattia standing inches away from him. his eyes were widened and glossy and filled with fear.

kairi put his hand over his heart and took in a few deep breaths. he looked at him and raised the knife in the air, "you piece of fucking shit! i told you to leave!"

mattia flinched at the knife that was pointed towards him, "k-kairi put the k-knife down!"

kairi hadn't noticed the knife was still in his hand. he looked up at the knife and gulped, slowly putting it down. once he put it away he sighed and ran his fingers through his own hair. he was so stressed and frustrated.

"my god, mattia. when will you ever leave me alone?" kairi asked, throwing his hands up and letting them fall down after. he scoffed and looked anywhere, but at mattia's sad gaze.

"when you will understand that i can't trust you anymore?" kairi finally looked up at mattia, tears quickly filling in his eyes. tears that threatened to fall any second. kairi wanted nothing to do with mattia. nothing at all.

pfft, what a lie kairi.

"y-you don't trust m-me?!" mattia shouted, his eyebrows furrowed and had a shocked look on his face.

"yes you! i have lost all my trust for y-"

"kairi i was fucking little as fuck! you think some little kid had a mindset to help kill such an innocent soul?! i had no idea what kind of trouble i was doing! you think i wanted to kill her?! you think i had another choice, but to kill her?! no! i had to do what my dad said! i had to-"

"you still-"

"DON'T CUT ME OFF!" mattia yelled, anger taken over his whole body.

kairi flinched and hid his arms under his shirt, hugging himself. which seemed to be the only thing keeping him safe. tears now flowing down his lightly shaded pink cheeks.

"m-mattia.. stop y-yelling.." kairi whispered, looking down at the floor.

mattia's eyes softened at the sight in front of him. he had scared poor little innocent kairi. he had helped break the little boys heart only at the age of three. he was a monster. he couldn't live with himself knowing that he was part of the cause for kairi's trauma.

"oh baby, i'm so so sorry. holy shit. i'm a monster. i'm a fucking monster! i'm a murderer."

"that makes two of us." kairi said, giggling at his own words. he felt safe again. even though mattia was right, he was only kid. he had no intention of killing his mother. his father on the other hand, that son of a bitch could go die in a black hole for all i care.

"kairi."

"hm?"

"i love you."

kairi looked up at the italian's and stared into them for a moment, falling completely in love with a big monster. his monster.

"i love you, too."

is it wrong that i gained his trust back too early?

(a/n: mairi is like one of the cutest ships ever 🥺 so like how was this chapter? i kinda feel like it ain't that good.)