ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

My eyes snapped shut. Tracker. Such a haunted name. The worst people were always tracker.

"Don't shout. This isn't Alice's fault," I growled, watching as her face dropped to a scowl.

He turned to me, the front lights flashing against the road in front. "No, It's not. But it could easily be yours."

I remained silent. I had no retort. Darkness was seeping into the car, not the comforting kind with a silvery moon, but the cold one, with things lurking around corners. Bella's eyes flickered to the roadside, flashing past in shadowy blurs, the odd tree looking like the mangled figure of the killer that hunted her. I heard the raise of her heart beat.

"Pull over, Edward. Do it," Alice hissed, clutching his arm.

"Listen to me Alice. I saw his mind. Tracking is his obsession. He wants her Alice," he said, eyes blazing. It was the first time I'd ever seen him so manic. His serene nature had disappeared the moment James had bared his teeth. "Her specifically. He begins the hunt tonight."

"He doesn't know where-"

Edward's hands came crashing down upon the steering wheel. "His plans were already set before the words were out of Laurent's mouth."

Bella's eyes widened. "Charlie! You can't leave him there! You can't leave him!"

"We won't, Bella," I soothed, watching as Alice's attention turned back to convincing Edward.

"She's right," Alice said. "Let's just look at our options for a minute."

"There are no options!"

"I'm not leaving Charlie!"

"We have to take her back," I said.

Edward shook his head yet again. "No."

Almost unnoticeably, the car began to slow. Then all at once, it stuttered to a stop. Bella went flying forward, the belt jamming her back against the seat.

"He's no match for us Edward. He won't be able to touch her."

"He'll wait."

Emmett smirked, finally speaking up again. "I can wait too."

"You didn't see- you don't understand. Once he commits to a hunt, he's unstoppable. We'd have to kill him," he said.

The car went still. The sound of Bella's breathing and her gradually steadying heartbeat filled the space. 

"That's an option."

"And the female. She's with him," Edward said.

I nodded, agreeing. "The minute she turns into a fight, the leader with go with them."

"There are enough of us."

"There's another option," Alice said quietly.

"There is no other option!"

There was another moment of silence before Bella spoke up. "Does anyone want to hear my plan?"