3. Bandages

3. Bandages

James stood under the dim light of the changing room. He turned to Simon and picked up a roll of bandages "don't you think this is a big cheesy?". Simon shrugged "Yeah probably but I don't think people expect much from a small-town haunted house". "fair enough" He began to rap himself in bandages as Simon finished applying his zombie makeup in the mirror. The bandages were oddly cold to the touch and made his skin crawl. "You nervous?" Simon asked. "Of course not, it's just jumping out at a bunch of teenagers for a few hours, we've got this". He checked the time "Glad you're so confident, we open in 10, lets go". They went through the passageway and slid open the secrete door that lead into their room, it was dark, lit with neon black lights that bathed the room in a dim neon glow. He climbed into his coffin and waited silently. The buzz of the lights and the fans were the only things he could hear. "You ready James?" He waited in silence for a few moments "Dude?". Another few moments of silence before he pushed his coffin open and looked over, he saw James lying motionless is sarcophagus. He moved over to him "James? You good?" He pushed him and noticed how light he was. Where the bandages had been displaced he noticed his skin was shrived. His heart began to race as he moved some of the bandages from his face. He looked on in horror at the shrivelled mummified face that stared back at him, its dark eye sockets staring into his soul.

Sophie and Abigale walked through the dark illuminated corridors; blinking lights illuminated their path as they walked through the doorway. They came to a dimly lit room. Inside was an open sarcophagus with a mummy inside. Its bandages extended out of the mummy and around one of the ceiling lights and suspended another mummy in the air by its neck. The girl looked on, frozen in fear for a moment, waiting for something, anything to happen...but nothing did. Abigale turned after a moment and kept walking. She continued into the next corridor and through the next few rooms. Soon she was met with the sweet smell of fresh air, emerging from the haunted house with a sigh of relief. "That was pretty intense hu?" she said, turning to her left. Her heart dropped she realised Sophie wasn't there. She gulped and stuck her head back into the haunted house. She saw nothing but an empty corridor. She quickly went to one of the staff members "Hey, I think I lost my friend in there". The guy looked back at her "I'm sure she'll be fine, where did you last see her?". "In that room with the mummy hanging from the ceiling lights". She saw the man's face change at those words and began to speed walked towards the haunted house. She followed confused as he walked to a door at the back and walked in. Inside was a small computer with a camera feed, showing the first room. He sat down and began flicking through the feeds and froze. The feed showed at least 10 mummified remains strung up all over the room, all strung up in bandages like a twisted spider web. Each face frozen in a scream.