LOVE IS NOT A FAIRY TALE (PART B)

CHAPTER 35

After Hope left Ryan,dumbfounded. She ran to the twins' room. Seeing Hope in a mess the twins didn't utter a word. They knew better than to poke Hope Mikelson, when she was in a state like that. They just pulled her in and hugged her tight. That moment the dam of tears broke. Hope's resolve broke. She fell into her knees and started crying like there is no tomorrow. Her pain was unbearable even to look at. The twins exchanged glances that clearly stated, What the hell happened in the forest?
Thinking about the worst scenario, Lizzie suddenly stormed out of the room, leaving Hope in Josie's arms. Hope was so distracted in crying her heart ou she didn't even notice her departure. Seeing Penelope in the corridor, Lizzie narrated the whole scenario to her. Prompting her to go to Hope and Josie. Penelope just nodded and hurriedly went to the direction she was directed to. Lizzie grumbled, Ryan Clarke if this situation had anything to do with your antics, or you are responsible in any way in breaking my sister like this, then I swear to God, even God can't save you from me.

Reaching the forest where they left them, she found Ryan. Sitting under a tree. Looking defeated, dejected and lost. For the first time Lizzie felt bad for the mud boy. She could see how broken he was. He was no better than Hope. May be worse. Hope had them to go to and cry, but this boy had no one to go to. No one to vent out his feelings. No one to call his own. Lizzie's heart ached for him. In the past days, it was crystal clear that Ryan Clarke has fell hopelessly in love with Hope, else he wouldn't have agreed to help them, else he wouldn't act selfless. That was not his strong suit anyway. Seeing Ryan care for Hope made Lizzie realise,she doesn't hate Ryan anymore, rather she considers him as a brotherly figure, annoying yet comforting. She understood his situation more than anyone else, due to her brief time with Sebastian, she knew how painful it is to lose someone you love. Sighing deeply, she made a vow. A vow to unite her best friend cum sister (as Alaric Saltzman has always considered Hope as one of his daughters) with the one she considers as a brotherly figure. She took a vow to unite HOPE MIKELSON AND RYAN CLARKE, the two most stubborn, infuriating creatures ever existed. They were perfect for each other, yet they failed to see how perfect they fit together.

Taking a long, deep breath Lizzie marched towards the tree where Ryan sat. Plopping herself down beside him, she blurted out, Spit it out Muddy boy, what the hell happened? Why are you looking like someone has tore your heart out from your chest? Why my sister is crying like she lost everything that she wanted in her life? At the mention of Hope's crying Ryan looked up questioningly at Lizzie. Lizzie gasped at the look of his face. His face was tear stricken. Eyes red and puffy. Even then Ryan's first question was, Hope's crying? Why is she crying? It's her decision, afterall. Lizzie flinched at his hoarse voice. He couldn't even take her name. It hurt so bad. Wincing inwardly at the situation, Lizzie probed him to say what happened after they left them in the forest. Ryan struggled with tears but repeated everything. Listening to everything Lizzie remained silent, contemplating the situation in her head. Then she realised.

Fear to lose. Fear to get hurt. Hope was terrified of losing people she loves. It all makes sense now, she left Ryan not because he loved her and she didn't love him. But because he loved her and she loved him too. Lizzie knew the Mikelsons well enough to know that A Mikelson loves fiercely, without bounds. That is why Hope was terrified. That is why she's running away from Ryan. She must think that As others Ryan will also leave her someday, by some loophole, he may die and she may lose him permanently. To avoid that she's doing this stupidity.

Groaning loudly, and successfully startling Ryan Lizzie lowly whispered, for a someone as intelligent and powerful as Hope, she really manages to be so dumb at times. Listening to Lizzie, Ryan looked up questioningly, yet again.It was an expression that he generally held while he talked to this blonde girl.
Lizzie repeated everything that she deduced moments ago. She spoke out loud, Hope is afraid. Afraid to lose you. Afraid to get hurt. Hope was terrified of losing people she loves. After the incident with her mom, dad and uncle. It all makes sense now, she left you not because you love her and she didn't love you. But because your love her and she loves you too. Everyone knows the Mikelsons well enough to know that A Mikelson loves fiercely, without bounds. That is why Hope is so terrified. That is why she's running away from you. She must think that like others, you will also leave her someday, by some loophole, you may die and she may lose you permanently. To avoid that she's doing this stupidity. Ryan realised that Lizzie was right, indeed. He know about her insecurities, about her fear of losing people. How could he not realise it sooner? He must make her understand that she has nothing to be afraid of. He won't leave her. Not now, not ever. For him Hope Mikelson was his ALWAYS AND FOREVER.

With a new found spirit he stood up and said, I am going to show her how much she means to me. Right now. Lizzie stood up and blocked his way abruptly. Murmuring something under her breath, something like, No, not now, not in this week. Ryan was yet again dejected and confused.

Lizzie said, No Ryan. Not now. Give her some space. Some time. Let her be herself for a while. Then go to her, talk to her. But not now, if you go now, you may ruin all the chance that you have with her. So be patient. Time will come.

Ryan had no other option but to comply what the blonde said. He sighed defeatedly and followed her to her father's office to seek his permission to stay in the Salvatore School, as anything, professor , janitor, anything.

Ryan's luck was good in this case. Alaric agreed to let him stay, just because he saved Hope and killed Malivore. Alaric assigned him as the Professor of mythical studies. Chuckling at the irony Ryan expressed his gratitude and went to the room he was alloted to by Alaric. One that was near his Hope's room. It took all of his self control to stop himself from reaching out to her and taking her in his arms. Sighing deeply, Ryan went inside the room to start a new journey, a new part of his life, a life that may have a bit of Hope if he got lucky, someday.

Will Ryan find his happily ever after or his story will remain incomplete..................