Explained: Part 12

The past week was full of stress, The upcoming Quidditch watch between Slytherin and Gryffindor was on the second Friday of November. Which was now only 3 days away. Harry was the Captain for Gryffindor and Draco was the Captain for Slytherin. "You coming to Practice?"Draco asked Hermione, seeing her in the common room on his way out. "Right now?"She asked. "No, in 3 years"Draco said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes. "I'll go get dressed" Hermione said as she got off the couch.

She got her jacket and boots, along with her hat and scarf, and left the common room with Draco, who had waited for her. "Ugh, Leave my boyfriend!" Astoria snapped as she saw the two come onto the field. "Astoria, I invited her"Draco rolled his eyes. "Why?"She asked. "Because she's his friend"Pansy said. "May I remind you she used to be a mudblood!" Astoria snapped. "Astoria"The boys snarled. "Am I lying?"She growled. "Yes, you are, You only thought I was a mudblood" Hermione said. Astoria glared at her. The girls went up and sat at the stands, except Pansy, who was on the team.

"I don't understand why Draco would invite her, I mean she could be sneaking information to the Gryffindorks"Astoria said to Tracey. "Astoria, we aren't on some top secret mission" Daphne said with a roll of her eyes. "It doesn't matter, She's still friends with all of Gryffindor. Draco Doesn't like Gryffindors by the way"Astoria said, saying the last part to Hermione. "I don't care whether he likes Gryffindors or not, his opinion is the least of my worries"Hermione rolled her eyes.

The practice over all was good, expect for the last 10 minutes. While Draco was talking with his team, they heard yelling in the background. "What's wrong with you?!" Hermione yelled. "Me?! What about you?! Chasing after a guy in a relationship!"Astoria snapped. "I haven't even done anything! You're the one who keeps accusing me!" Hermione snarled. The team glanced around before flying to the stands.

"What's wrong?"Pansy asked them. "Astoria isn't really happy that Draco invited her"Daphne said. "And she's accusing her of having an affair with him"Tracey added. "Not to
Mention that she told Mia that she either leave Hogwarts or Astoria would make her life hell"Daphne rolled her eyes. "Astoria"Draco snapped at her. Astoria turned her head and ran to Draco. "She threatened to Kill me!"Astoria cried. Draco just walked away, dragging Astoria behind him. "I'll kill her! Who's stopping me!" Hermione snapped as she sat down.

"Astoria, what's wrong with you! We're DATING!" Draco snapped at her. "She's gonna break us up!"Astoria said. "She's not gonna be the reason of our break up, you're gonna be!" Draco snarled. Astoria's face fell. "You're gonna break up with me?"She asked, suddenly more worried then before. "If you keep acting like this, I will"He said. "You can't! You can't break up with me! You know what my parents will do!" She cried. "Marry you off? I bet he'd know how to deal with a jealous freak!"He snarled. She stared at him. "Please Draco, just until the end of the year"She begged.

He ran a hand through his hair. "You have 3 weeks to change your ways"He said. "My ways?" Astoria repeated. "Your ways with Mia" Draco nodded. "What does this have to do with anything?"She asked, feeling jealous that he always brought her up. "We'll make a deal, if you treat her well for 3 weeks, We'll be together for 3 months, if you do it for 6 weeks, we'll be together for 6 months, agreed?"Draco said. Astoria glared at him, but nodded. "And if I don't? If I don't treat her well at all?"She asked. "Our relationship ends here"He said. "What about only a day? How much time is that?"Astoria asked. "One day is one week, treat her well for 2 days, that's 2 weeks. The school year ends in 7 months, so if you treat her well for 7 weeks, we'll be together till the end of the year, but after that, we're done"He explained. "How about 12 weeks, that's another year"She said. "Your parents said if we stay together for the end of the year, we'll get married in august. We'll divorce in November" Draco nodded.

"So in the end, we won't be together forever?"She Asked. "You know I don't love you like I did before Astoria"He told her. "It's Mia's fault isn't it? You like her, don't you? Why are you with me then?"Astoria snapped. "I told you before, we're only together so you don't get married off to a random stranger, and it's not because of Mia, it's because of you, you broke us up last time"Draco said. "But you don't love me!"She yelled. "You don't love me either! You love Blaise! You just don't want anyone else to be with me!"He snapped. "8 months, that's it, that's all the time we need"Astoria said. "If you go by the rules, we have a deal"Draco nodded. After that, Astoria left the abandoned classroom they were in.

"Draco's not here"Theo said to the group after leaving the boys dormitory. "Neither is Astoria"Daphne said. "They're probably fighting like always" Pansy rolled her eyes. Hermione felt a bit better BUT. "No, we were planning our next date"Astoria said as she came up to them. Hermione's happy feelings dropped. "Didn't you go on one last night?"Daphne asked. "A happy couple goes more then once"Astoria smiled. Draco looked towards Hermione and saw her already staring at him. He wasn't sure what he saw in her eyes, it was a mixture of jealousy and sadness. Was she actually jealous? He felt a bit cheerful, part of the point was to make her jealous and it worked.

"We should get to dinner, shouldn't we?" Draco said to Astoria. "See you in a few hours"Astoria giggled at them before her and Draco left the common room. Hermione bit her tongue, She couldn't believe it! She was feeling jealous over Draco Malfoy! She didn't talk to any of them while she went to her dorm.

"Someone seems jealous"Pansy smirked as she leaned on the dormitory door way. "I am not!"Hermione snapped. "Don't lie to yourself"She scoffed. "It was so clear! why do you think Draco became cheerful all of a sudden after he looked at you! The point was to make you jealous so you'd start to like him!" Pansy said. "But I don't like him! Never have!" Hermione snapped. "Then why don't you want him to go on a date with Astoria?"Pansy asked. "I never said that!"Hermione said. "Doesn't mean you never thought it"Pansy smirked. "This conversation is OVER"Hermione snarled before turning around and sitting on her bed.

Draco and Astoria walked out of Hogwarts, looking for a place to go. "Draco"Astoria said and he made a noice to show he was listening. "I think we need to get engaged"She said, glancing over at him. He stopped walking and he stared at her. "Why?"He asked. "You know it didn't work out between me and Blaise, and I doubt it'll work out with you and Tracey or some other person. And we used to like each other before, we can do it again. We don't need to risk getting heart broken when we can trust each other"She explained.

"Who said I trusted you?"Draco asked. She stared at him, that was not what she expected. "What?"She said. "Who said I trusted you? You left me for my best friend and when it didn't work out, you ran back to me. Astoria, I'm far from trusting you"He said. "I'm not going to do that, I promise"Astoria said. "You promised me forever, and left 5 months in for Blaise. I'm not dating you because I love you, I'm dating you for Daphne, and I know she'd much rather have me marry you then some stranger"Draco snapped. "Draco promise me, If I make you happy like before, will we get married?"She asked. He laughed out loud. "We made a deal Greengrass, treat her well, and we'll see how far this goes"He said. He walked away from her as she stared at his back. "He won't leave me, I know he won't"She muttered. So she made a deal with herself.

3 weeks of kindness = 3 months of relationship

It couldn't be that hard, could it?