ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴍɪꜱꜱᴏᴜʀɪ

Light Caramel Brown hair blew in the fall wind as a young woman as on a park bench in the small town of arrow rock Missouri.She sat staring at a tree not in interterst but a blank screen look. Her earbuds played the spoken poetry though a lover of mythology and poetry she hates reading, rather listen than read. As the final verse is said she blinks quickly before pausing her phone and pulling her jacket tighter she walks to the sidewalk near a blue and white Apartment building . The owner, a thin old woman,Helen who's only love was the soap operas that played 24/7 . Young woman walked up to her apartment and cleaned up before she heard the phone ring.

"Hello?" She said softly

"Hi Willow, I know your lease ends soon and you're moving but would you mind doing some gardening for me?" Helen spoke with a cracky voice

"Of course, you know I could recommend some gardeners if you're looking?"

"No!" She said firmly "I don't need some duff-us in my garden who doesn't know what there doing"

" yes ma'am, I'll work on that right away" she smiled at the phone "good bye "

Helen thought on the outside rough and cold had a sweet spot for the brunette. With Willows Deparcher from the small town meeting closer many held a worried feeling for the girl. Though she had grown up on her own she always had her hometown backing her. Now she was entering new territory not only a different city but a different state.

Willows wants we're simple.
-To finally meet her soulmates
- to have a steady job
-No luxury life
-No crazy travel plans

But now with a job perfect for her waiting for the taking the move was necessary.

She stood outside the wooden gate inside the tall fence, a glimpse of the garden that she had tended to just weeks prior.
Picking up a plastic pale and scrunching up her sleeves she unhinges the gate and scans the vegetable rows for weeds. Only a few here or there she Squatted and plucked the weeds as she shuffled down the row. Quietly humming a song from an insurance commercial that seemed to always play when she listened to music.

She Blinked out of her thoughts around 30 minutes later noticing the change in temp and the sun nearing the edge of the skyline.
She wiped the sweat from her brow with her mark cover arm and poured the weeds in the composter before walking out of the garden latching the gate.

•••

Fleece pajamas covered her frame as she lay
Staring at the ceiling .

Tomorrow the movers came.
Taking her boxes, her things
Her new life awaited and she
Was sleepless with anticipation
Her one way plane ticket sat next to her clothes set out for tomorrow.

Recently her usual hyper-helpful self felt calmed. Maybe it was the muffled soap operas finding their way to her ears. Or the smell of the abundance of ocean candles she had been given in exchange for babysitting.

At around twelve O'clock her heart sped up and she stood up and moved to the couch sitting and in a moment of sleep deprivation decided to read the newspaper.

Before her decision to move she had applied to many jobs and had landed 3 interviews on the same day. One as a Secretary at some office building, another an art curator and lastly a designer for a building company. In high school she had been working with the art museum in town small but operating now at the chance of working in New York she couldn't lose this chance.
Maybe she'll meet her soulmate?
She had dreamed of the day being alone, sense she was little, meeting her soulmates was what she dreamed about. Her fairy tale of you will.
At only 7 months she was left at a fire station and from there was sent to a foster home. The foster homes in the town she lived in were not the worst but then again who really knows what the highest standard is when you live in a foster home.

She felt her eyes becoming weak as they finely shut the paper plopping weakly in her lap as she drifted to sleep.

///////

Hope You enjoyed the first chapter :) the story will be slow at first so be patient i'm going to try to upload at minimum once a week.