Ruins

As the smoke ran across the field where heroes fought against the villains, blond man huffed slightly. He heard voices of his classmates in the distance yelling and celebrating their victory.

The streets that once thronged with life stood empty. Gone were the food vendors and the women in their bright clothes selling hand made goods from carts and baskets. Gone were the children who played amongst the crowds with their games and laughter. Gone were the stores with their windows of fine clothing or delicacies. Now even at midday all that you would find would be the dusty street with only the wind for company. There were cracked sidewalks, empty gun shells, and broken store fronts laid waste by desperate villains.

He glanced around the ruins to find a man he got separated from not too long ago. His breathing speeded up when he failed to detect him.

As the daylight dwindled the tension in Bakugou grew. Kirishima should have been back by now, he promised. His steps became heavier as there was still no sight of him.

The wall clock ticks like the timer on a bomb. He couldn't stop it, reverse it or slow it down. Each tick dragged him forward, helpless and nervous to the allotted time. He could no more avoid it, the beating of his heart as it pounded with futility against it's cage of bone and cartilage. The dread was an invisible demon sitting heavy on his shoulders and only he could hear the sharpening of it's knives. He sweat and became pale, then the tremor in his hands began. His head became a little giddy and his stomach nauseous.

"Kirishima!! Where the fuck are you?!" He yelled out to the sky as loud as he could.

"Ngh.." he heard someone wince. Bakugo turned to the quiet sound and saw him. His body was covered in bruises and scratches. He seemed to barely be conscious. And the fact that his quirk was turned off wasn't a good sign.

"What the hell happened, Shitty Hair?" Explosive man asked as he blew up the rock that was crushing his friend.

"We... did it.." red haired man spoke as he was leaning on Bakugou. They walked slowly to their academy to see Recovery Girl as Kirishima stumbled with his head hanging low.

"Of course we fucking did! Now come on-" Blond answered.

"I'm.. a hero now.." he talked.

"Of course you are, idiot-"

"I... I did it.." he breathed heavily.

"What are you talking about? We're just getting started, man!" Bakugo spoke while still holding and guiding the red haired man. What Kirishima was saying was weird to him, but he didn't have the time to worry about it now.

"Heh.. I'm still... no good.." he huffed with a sad smile and eyes half closed.

"Come on, Kirishima! You're scaring me-"

- ... -

"Hey, Bakugou?"

"Hm..?" He glanced at him.

"I'm not doing so well. If I don't make it, I just wanna tell you-"

"No."

"Huh?"

"Shut the fuck up. We're not doing it like this!" Blond man yelled out and tightened his grip around Kirishima's wrist and waist.

"Heh.. always so.. manly.."

As those words escaped his mouth, Katsuki noticed his body became heavier.

"Kirishima?"

"..."

"Eijirou..?"

————————————————————————
this is a slight piece based on one of the comics i saw

i might make a part two to this but i'm not sure

i hoped you enjoyed this!

if you have then there's a lot more to come!