1.91 JESUS

Next day. Morning.

Yumiko" Sorry, guys. If I knew we were gonna be booted as soon as I recovered, I would've hit my head a bit harder."

Magna „You know, it's not too late. "

Luke "Doc. Thank you. "

He looked at Gabriel "Thank you for your hospitality."

Then he looked at Judith, smiling „Especially you. Thank you."

Judith just smiled sadly. Michonne rode in their way.I looked at her confused. 

Michonne "Change of plans. There's a place a lot like this one. The leader might take you in. I'll escort you personally, talk to her."

I raised an eyebrow " You're gonna take them to Hilltop?"

Michonne nodded "you're coming with me . "

I shrugged, nodding "sure"

DJ was leading the horse carriage. We had used some old cars – more like the convertible cabrios and used them as wagons for the horses to pull. 

Michonne and i were on horses riding alongside them. 

Me "How much further have the patrols cleared ? "

DJ "'til the Route D river bend. Their rig's about five miles past that. If their story checks out. "

Michonne looked at me "You'd feel better if you just say it. "

Me "What makes you think I want to say something?"

Michonne " I'm not hearing you deny it. "

Me "I was gonna tell you that I'm glad you changed your mind about them. "

Michonne " But you think I should've let them stay in Alexandria."

Me " Well, you're going pretty far out of your way not to. Considering -."

Michonne snapped a little "Considering what?"

Me " That you like these guys."

Michonne asked amused " Really? That's what I think? Uh-huh."

I mocked her " I mean, I'm not hearing you deny it. "

Michonne "Doesn't mean I trust them. "

Yumiko looked at us " Look, I'm sorry about Magna. She can be a bit hotheaded. "

Michonne "That's one word for it. "

Yumiko "She's been on edge since we lost Bernie."

Me „Was he with you long? "

Yumiko "Long enough. He loved getting under Magna's skin. He, um, used to wear this absolutely horrid shirt. It was like looking into creation itself. In paisley. God, it was horrendous. But Magna hated it. She said just looking at it gave her a migraine. So Bernie wore it every day for a week. Honestly, I think she came around on the shirt. Just like she came around on him. "

Michonne "Like family."

Yumiko "This place... Hilltop. Is it safe? "

Michonne nodded "It is. "

Yumiko " What's it like? "

Michonne "It's been a while since I've been there. "

Yumkiko "Then how do you know it's safe?"

Michonne "I promised my daughter that I would get you there, and I will. You're just gonna have to trust me. "

Then she looked at me.