1.117 Leah

At Hilltop. A few days later. 

Maggie and i were on top of the wall, looking down. 

Lance walked up to the wall "Afternoon, Maggie, Kendall. Good to see you again. "

Me "What do you want? "

Lance "There are some killer on the loose. We lost a lot of men. So I'm hunting them down. And the property they stole, the Commonwealth's property. "

Maggie shook her head " I don't know anything about that."

Lance " Well, of course not. So you wouldn't mind if we just do a quick look around, right? Rule you all out. For the paperwork."

Me " She already answered your question. "

Lance did not look happy and turned to his troopers. 

Suddenly a trooper stepped to the front "Open up. "

The voice - Daryl. 

I shook my head "It doesn't have to be this way. "

Daryl took his mask off " Yeah, it does.  Ain't nobody leaving until they look around. It'll be quick, I promise."

I raised an eyebrow, amused " You expect me to trust him?"

Daryl " I ain't asking you to trust him. I'm asking you to trust me, princess"

I froze at the nickname. 

Gabriel looked up to us. 

Daryl looked at me and i looked down to Elijah to open the gate 

They walked in. 

--

Maggie and i were following Lance around. 

He walked over to a truck " Nice truck! "

Daryl walked to us 

Lance looked at it "This new? "

Maggie "I started converting the engine, but it doesn't run."

Lance " You know we found tire tracks at the scene? Not a lot of cars running these days."

Daryl " You got something you want to say, why don't you just say it?"

Lance "Just stating the facts. You know, I come from a long line of gearheads. You mind? "

He opened the hood " She sure is clean for a truck that just sits here.  Ethanol conversion is solid.  Intake looks good. We left plenty of fuel the last time we were here. No wonder she won't work. The starter relay is disconnected. I'll just... go ahead and hook that back up for you. Let's test it out, see if I've got the magic touch. "

Then he tried to turn on the engine but it didn't work.

Maggie walked to him "You and your people have 'til sundown.  Then you can be on your way. "

--

I saw Lance talking to Hershel, he was a little too close. 

Then i grabbed my gun and pushed Lance against the wall, aiming my gun at him. 

Troopers rushed over to me and aimed their guns at me. 

A trooper "Put him down! Go! Release him or we will shoot. "

Daryl and Maggie showed up. 

Hershel ran to Maggie while Daryl covered my back. 

Me "This guy put his hands on Hershel. "