Mistress Shadow

I watched Dad as he walked over to the Strigoi. He looked at me.

"You did this?"

"I...I think so." It was more of a question than a statement. I got up, but then something hit with me with such force, I stumbled a few feet back. I fell into a trance. I could hear voices but I couldn't move towards them. My legs took me towards the school's honour shield and tapped the centre. The four sections retracted, then a flood of melted silver enclosed my body.

When it subsided, my duster and boots were gleaming silver. Around my waist hung two blades, each as black as midnight. In the compartment was a hand mirror. The handle was adorned with pegasi and opals. I stared into the mirror. My fiery orange hair (inherited from Janine) as edged with silver. Pure silver.

I scan my surroundings. Mum and Dad stood in silence. Uncle Crispo, Aunt Lis and Adrianne looked as if they were gonna pass out.

Dad was the first to regain his voice, "Mishka? are you ok?"

I was so overwhelmed that I ran into my mum and dad, then burst into tears. As they soothed me, Uncle Crispo tentatively walked over to the compartment and pulled out a scroll.

"Christan give it to me" I heard my mum say. I heard paper crumpling then, " The child...Two Dhampirs.....metal.....Strigoi... death....true affection.... will be Mistress Shadow...Nightmare...Platinum...full moon...Soul blade...soul restoration."

I felt the grip around me tightened. I didn't want their pity. I wanted to punch someone and let all the anger and overwhelming feelings that are threatening to burst out let loose. I squirmed free of my father's hold and broke into a sprint towards the gym. As I ran, I saw the casualties but nothing too serious. I ran faster. Once in the gym, I didn't even bother to put on gloves. I jabbed and punched, I even landed a few kicks. The smell of alcohol entered the air. Uncle Adrian. Wasn't he on a no drinking rule from Aunt Sydney? I went in for another punch but this one shook the bag on its frame. I heard footsteps behind. I landed on one more punch and this time it knocked the whole thing down. I felt arms around pulling me away. I was struggling against the grip. What? That's not possible. I turned and..."Uncle Adrian? Let ME GO!!" With one last push I managed to free my myself.

"Lena, you have to calm down" he urged.

"I AM CA..."

I would love to tell you what happened next but I can't because I passed out.