Chapter Two: Would You Remember Me?

"Why isn't this working?" I muttered angrily, typing away on my smart phone.

I had a wallet, some money, and my phone. The phone was fully charged, but no matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't make any calls. I tried calling Hyungwon again and again, but it was useless. I even tried calling Shownu, Kihyun, Jooheon, Minhyuk, Wonho, and Changkyun but nothing happened. No ringing, just... blankness and silence.

The frustration and fear was boiling up inside of me. I felt the urge to cry, my throat was dry and my heart was sinking further and further into my chest.

I was abandoned. There was no way around it. I couldn't call any of my friends, and nothing was the way it was supposed to me. I couldn't even find my parents, let alone myself. 

My stomach was rumbling, and I wanted to fix my parched throat. So I went to a cafe, downtrodden and unsure what my next move should be. With a latte in hand, and a small snack, I started to formulate my next move. 

I connected to the wifi and decided to just google Hyungwon's name. I couldn't contact him directly. But maybe I could track him down another way. 

I typed in his name, sifting through search results before I found one that had a corresponding picture. 

'Yep, that's him.'

I clicked on the link and was brought to a college website. Under a picture of the science department, I saw a list of staff. I ignored the names of teachers, assistants, and whatever else until I found Hyungwon's name.

Teacher's Assistant Chae Hyungwon of the physics department. He even had his own office in the STEM building.

'Perfect.'

Now I knew exactly where to find him. 

I stood up quickly, downing the coffee in one go. Then I hurried out of the cafe, croissant in hand. 

After a very, very quick run to the college; I stepped foot on campus grounds. It was nice, a modern but nature-filled institution. I didn't have time to admire anything, though. I looked frantically for a directory or map of the school.

Just my luck, there wasn't one.

I stopped the first friendly-looking student. 

"Excuse me," I squeaked, the man stopping and pulling off his headphones, "Where is the science building?"

He pointed off to the left, "If you follow that path, it will be at the end."

"Thank you!" I replied, nodding briefly before hurrying off. 

My feet started moving faster and faster, subconsciously. I was very literally running out of time. Any minute now, I could run into myself and expose the existence of time travel. 

As I approached the T.A. office, the door started to open slowly. I stopped in my tracks, waiting with bated breath to see who came out.

'Please, please be him.'

The door swung open, and out walked Hyungwon. 

A deep sense of relief washed over me, and I let out a huge breath, "Thank god I found you." I muttered.

Hyungwon glanced at me as he stepped out of the office, already looking annoyed, "Can I help you?"

'Wow, rude.'

I rolled my eyes, "Hyungwon something went wrong. I think we messed up."

He was confused, but brushed me off as he continued down the hallway.