Chapter 10

Michael- the one who hides

Hey, can I tell you a secret?

You have to keep it quiet, though.

Ready to hear it?

...

Hah, just kidding!

Okay, sorry, whatever. Let's just get back into the normal ways.

~~~

"Michael, mind watching the register?" I spun my head around to look Lauren in the eye, she didn't seem happy to see me. I nodded quickly and scurried out of the back room, walking to the register.

"Hi, may I take your order?" I asked in a very stoic voice, looking down at the touch pad and waiting for the customer to speak.

"A #4, please!" I looked up as I heard the familiar voice, a large grin on my face.

"Ash, hey. What's up?" Ashton smiled, looking around quickly before leaning over the table, placing a peck on my cheek before returning behind the counter. I exhaled lightly and smirked.

"Nothing much, Michael. Just came to see when you were getting off your shift. Kind of wanted to hang out, you know?" Ashton said, fiddling with his fingers a bit at the last part. I smiled sweetly and moved my hand to tilt his head up by his chin, poking his cheek. I heard Lauren walk back out from the backroom and rest an arm around my shoulder as she grinned widely at her twin brother.

"He was just getting off, actually! Go on, Cliffo. Take the day off, its fine. Luke is just gonna have to work a bit more." I scoffed a little before running to get my coat and jogging back.

"Wow, thanks, Lauren. See you later." Ashton said, smiling at me as I took his hand, dragging him out of the shop before the devil decided to change her mind.

"Mikey, let's get some ice cream." I looked down to Ash, who had a childish look in his eyes as we walked closer to an ice cream shop. I sighed a bit before nodding, guiding him over and holding the door for him.

"After you, my princess." I noticed his eye roll as he walked through and I quickly followed behind giving his arse a quick squeeze. He gave a yelp before whipping his head around.

"You dick."

I just laughed and laughed because what else could I fucking do with this wonderful, loving, beautiful, just...perfect person around me?

I can't help but just feel as if I am on a cloud

A cloud that has no problems.

No issues.

No judgmental people.

No losers who want to pick a fight.

No work stress.

No anxiety.

No depression.

None of it.

Just Ash and I, soaring the skies the happiest either of us has ever been and looking down on the beautifully tragic world we call home.

I want that to be reality.

But I think I'm pretty okay with where I am at the moment.

~~~

"Imagine a world with no problems. That sounds pretty cool, right?" I looked up from my cell phone, having been sprawled on the living room couch and look to Ashton, laying on the other side with his laptop on the arm rest, searching away mindlessly. I locked my phone and stuffed it back into my pocket, humming to myself as I thought it over.