Chapter 2

Ashton- the one who needs comfort

To say I wasn't happy was an understatement. I really was happy. Just not with a lot of stuff.

I was happy with the people who I considered friends and family.

I just wasn't happy with the world.

And the people, too. They were mean.

I guess I should give my story or past or whatever. I decided to move out of my family's house when I was 16. I was fed up. I loved my mum, being a single parent and having a full time job must have been so hard on her. I always tried to help her and devote as much time as I could.

But school. And people at school.

~~~

When I was in Year 10, I had a friend. Yes, I had an actual friend.

His name was Michael Clifford.

He was the nicest guy. Older than me, but he treated me really well. At that time, we had known each other for years. We were rather close.

But then he decided to ruin it. And my life.

We were at a party, he had forced me to go...

*Flashback*

"Mikey, I don't want to go inside!" I whined, planting my feet in place in front of the rather large and rather crowded house. Michael gave an annoyed grunt, shaking his head. He walked up to me and looked down, being taller than me, before reaching for my waist and slinging me over his shoulder with no effort.

"Michael Gordon Clifford! I swear to god if you don't put me down, I am putting a million snakes and rats down your pants so they can bite your dick off!" I yelled, kicking my legs around a bit as we enetered the party. The music was loud, there were teenagers and college kids everywhere, drinking out of cups and beer bottles. They were dancing along to the obnoxiously loud music, some stopping to stare at the sight of a punk kid carrying around some scrawny nerd with the largest glasses in the world.

I felt my face blush brightly as Michael smacked my bum, telling me to stop kicking already or he would throw me in the house pool. I stopped kicking as he put me down in a less crowded area, a smirk gracing his face. I glared at him and punched his arm just hard enough for it to hurt for a while. I hate him so much.

Not really, he was one of my only friends. Aside from Calum, but he wouldn't ever drag me to a party on a Wednesday night.

"Michael, stop drinking! You'll get drunk, you fucking idiot." I tried yelling over the music, standing close to Michael as he chugged down his 4th bottle. He grinned a stupid grin at me and slung an arm around my shoulders, standing way more closer than I would say comfortable.

"Come on, Ash. Live a little! You'll be remembered as that one nerd who stayed a virgin all the way through highschool." I grimaced at his words, feeling a pang to my heart. He wouldn't usually be that harsh..

"I am perfectly fine being the nerdy virgin! Now, move away, beer breath." I poked his chest but that just urged him closer, his face surprisingly close to mine. Hardly even an inch away.

We have been close like this, we used to sleep together if he slept over at my house. But this close, made the hairs at the back of my head raise up and my throat to go dry. My thoughts were nowhere close to straight.

"M-micheal?" I whimpered out, knowing that everyone near us was staring at us, some whispered around, the gossip going through the whole party. Michael didn't care, obvious when he smashed his lips against mine in a very persistent kiss. I froze.