Chapter 6

Ashton- the one who wants to be loved

Did..

I really..

Just hear this?

Did Michael Clifford just say I was the love of his life?

Like the whole sex part seemed normal like whatever, okay.

But...

Maybe I shouldn't think too much into it, I dunno.

"Michael..stop ignoring me, what the fuck?" I mumbled to myself because really, he's been ignoring me for a couple days now..

~~~

I lay on the living room couch, checking the time on my phone every now and then because it was past 10pm and Michael wasn't home from his shift yet. I practically jumped a foot into the air when I heard my phone go off, though. Scrambling to answer the text,'I sighed in relief as I noticed it was a text message from Mikey.

'Sorry I'm late, Ash. Don't stay up or anything, we got school tomorrow, yeah? xx Mikey'

I sighed, rolling onto my back and biting my lip. He texted me so subtly, like it was normal again. Ignoring my existence for a week isn't normal..

'Its cool, I'll stay up. Did ya eat?'

'I haven't eaten, but I can grab something quick from the store'

'I'll make you something, junk food isn't good at night :-) '

'You wanna know what I want to eat?'

I blinked, trying to think of something.

'Pasta? Pizza? I dunno, what?'

'You'

Fuck...what? Me? Oh wait..

'Michael Gordon Clifford, I'm screenshotting that and sending it to your mother, just watch me'

And that's when he called me in the speed of light.

"Please don't show my mum, I swear to god! You're so getting it when I get home, really."

I laughed through the phone, sitting up.

"Nice to finally hear your voice, Clifford. Missed it."

There was silence on the other end before the subtle noise of wind hitting the speaker of the phone.

"I'm coming home, be there in 5."

"O-okay...see ya."

~~~

"Did you really make me pasta, Ash?" I turned my head to see Michael staring at the stovetop, a small smile on his face as he placed his stuff down near the kitchen doorway. I smiled brightly and nodded, motioning him over to where I stood in the kitchen. Michael strutted over to me, arm lazily wrapping around my waist slightly. I smiled again. He makes me smile so much.