Chapter 1

Michael- the one who needs escape

I hate it.

The world, you know? Its dumb.

There is always something bad happening, even when you are happy with yourself, for once.

Just remember somewhere out there, someone feels like complete and utter shit.

That's why I plan on giving up on society and living in an igloo in Canada. That's a metaphor, by the way.

~~~

"Open this fucking door right now, you incredulous swine!" I groaned as I refused to open my eyes. I snapped one open, looking at my alarm clock to see it was hardly past 4am.

"Who the fuck is it?!"

"Your landlord!"

Oh shit...

I jumped out of bed, landing straight on my face as I searched for boxers on my floor, hopping to put them on as I scurried to the front door. I swung it open and remembered I had forgotten to grab a shirt to put on, my bare chest on display to the very ticked off looking landlord.

"Michael Gordon Clifford. You have not paid rent for 7 months." He said sternly, his sandal-clad foot tapping and his hairy arms crossing over his beer belly.

"And I am so so sorry, Mitch! I promise to get it in this month-" I started, using the same excuse I had been using for maybe 8 months now, soon being cut off.

"No, I want you out. Now! No more bargaining. Do that with another fucking landlord!" I pleaded for a while, the landlord not changing his mind.

"One hour, out."

That was a great start to a Monday morning.

~~~

"Where you gonna stay, Mike?" My best friend, Luke asked. I sighed as I took a swig from the cup of coffee I was drinking, cringing at the bitter taste of the office-made stuff. I slumped down in the chair of the break room, not caring my shift had just started and I should have been up at the cashier register by now, but hey, cut me some slack. I was just kicked out of my apartment and had no where to stay and barely made any money from this crap job at a crap fast food restaurant.

"I dunno, dude. I can't go home, my parents and sister would never let this one slide till the damn pigs fly. I guess I could crash somewhere for tonight." I grumbled, standing up when I heard the door open. My boss walked in, her deep brown eyes boring into my dull green ones, arms crossed over her chest. She wasn't really my boss, but she was the assistant manager here. Super young, too. Maybe 17?

Her hair was tied into a tight ponytail and held back with a hat, her uniform pristine.

"So, Michael. Heard you got kicked out of your flat?" She said, a confident tone to her voice. I blinked a couple times, wondering if she was aiming at something I didn't see.

"Y-yeah, I did."

"Need a place to stay?"

I stared at her, the amused look never leaving her face. She was definitely hiding something. I glanced at her nametag quickly, never being one to learn names.

"Maybe I am, Lauren."

"I have a place you can crash at, if you need it."

My eyes went wide, was she implying for me to move in with..her?

"Uh, I dunno. I mean- You're my boss, it would be weird if we lived together-" I was cut off by her loud laughter, her features seeming much less...terrifying? Sure.

"Not me, stupid! I meant my brother. He lives in the same building complex as you, maybe you know him. Lives on his own and goes to school, I am pretty sure he wouldn't mind if you stay there. He can't say no to his twin sister." Lauren gave another one of her shit eating grins.

There goes me living free and on my own. But I also don't want to sleep on the bench in the free parks.

~~~

"The fuck?" I muttered as I looked down at the address Lauren had texted me after I got off work. Same floor...and in the apartment next to mine.

I grumbled, knowing that someone had been living there, and if I wasn't mistaken, it was that one nerdy kid in senior year. Scrawny, on the shorter side, wore large glasses, got bullied everyday for a different thing. Ashton was his name, yes. So he was my boss' twin brother.

I hesitated to knock the door, chewing on my thumb nail as I looked down the hallway, seeing my old apartment and regretting everything. I adjusted my backpack in my shoulders and the other duffel bag slung onto my left shoulder as I reached out and knocked the door 3 solid times.

"One second! O-one secon-- Wah!!" I flinched away from the door, hearing something bang against it hard and the lock slowly turning. I turned the doorknob slowly and opened the door, looking around before glancing down, seeing as I guessed, Ashton face plant on the hardwood floor, his arms craddling his knee and slightly rocking from side to side.

"Ow, ow, ow...O-oh, hi.." He stuttered out, gaining his composure and standing up with some struggle, moving aside so I could walk in and as soon as he shut and locked the door, I threw my bags on the floor and stretched my tattoo covered arms, scratching my dyed hair.

Yes, I have the appearance of a reject and a scene kid and also a rebel. I am all of those, to be honest. But hey, why not embrace it instead of hide it?

I looked around the small living area, a plain couch and t.v stand making up most of it. There was a dining table and it branched off to where I only guess is the kitchen.

"Ashton, right?" I said, not making contact for a little while till I decided to turn and get a proper look at the person I would be living with. I regret it so much, really.

Ashton wore a oversized long sleeved top, the charcol coloured sleeves bunched up around his hands as his long fingers fiddled with them. Bad habit, I could only guess.nHe also wore his hair rather messy, the lighter brown locks falling onto his forehead, covering it easily. He had maybe the most captivating eyes, as well..

"Y-yeah, Ashton! And you're Michael Clifford, my sister was telling me about you on the phone earlier...and I also remember you from school." Ashton whispered the last part, probably thinking I wouldn't be able to hear that. But I did. He remembered me? That's surprising..I remember him as well, of course. Could never forget the face of a guy who had been in all my classes since maybe Year 7. Also the guy who I almost confessed to and also kissed in Year 10..

~~~

Hi there! My name is Jess, great seeing you here. Just your typical fangirl. I am thinking this won't get any views, of course. But I like it, I haven't written AU on here before, so why not with Mashton. ☺

This chapter isn't very long, but I will write the next one today and maybe have it up by tomorrow? Maybe even tonight~ I re-read this so many times, so if after all that there are still spelling mistakes and grammar issues, I truly apologise.

I am aiming for weekly or bi-weekly updates with his story, but I also have another on going story, A moment to notice. Its Cashtom, maybe check it out as well? I guess that is all~ I have some social media sites, I would recommend following me on Twitter because I plan on updating there a lot!

Thank you guys so much and vote and comment, give me some constructive feedback so I can make this story the best story ever! I really like the feel of it, even though I am crap at writing~ See you guys in the next chapter, it will be Ashton's P.O.V haha. Bye bye
-Jess