Childhood Daze{2}

POV: Sang Sorenson

Episode 2: Coloring

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Mr. Blackbourne stepped into the room and our laughter didn't exactly end but it died down a little. I wondered if he ever had a stomach hurting laugh. Looking at him now, I think maybe he could have one day but he won't let himself do it now. Too bad. I would love to see it. I think his laugh would literally light up a room.

It was as we quieted that Kota suggested we three go clean up. 

"Sang, Gabriel, Luke, maybe you guys should go clean up before you start the next activity?"

I nodded but Gabriel and Luke pouted and got on all fours then proceeded to crawl out of the room.

Once they realized I was about to walk, Luke tugged on Gabriel's ankle. Together, they turned around and crawled back to me butting their heads up against my legs..more like my thighs since I'm short and they're taller than me anyway. 

I thought about reaching out and patting their heads but they weren't dogs; they were pretending to be kids. 

Gabriel reached up and tugged on my shirt. "Trooooouble. You can't walk. Kids don't walk all upright like that. They teeter and totter and then fall and then somebody picks em up and they do it all over again and laugh the whole time."

Oh. 

I heard a sigh behind me and shuffling as the others moved around. Nathan called out "The sooner you guys get cleaned up the sooner you can get started on the next activity!"

To this, Gabriel and Luke looked at each other and seemed to come to some conclusion. Seconds later, I was in a fireman's carry over Luke's shoulder looking at his butt......

What was I saying again?

Ohh yeah, I remembered as Luke smacked my butt and lowered me to my feet and, though the friction from my body sliding down his was decidedly unchildlike, his next words were "We're in a Childhood Daze, Forever. You have to do everything like a kid. But it means you get to bug North and he can't yell cause you're not supposed to yell at kids." His grin was so kid-like and his dimples were all the way out. Heart, consider yourself squeezed.

"Trouble, put on the next shirt that I've laid out on the bed. Your jeans are fine. Don't bother messing with the other shirts; you'll wear a different one for each activity probably with the way we play." He grinned mischeviously at Luke who nodded and grinned at me expectantly. 

I had no idea what the undertone was for this joke but I grinned anyway. This was a fun day so far.

I nodded and they left the room after grabbing a couple shirts from the closet. I picked up the next closest to me and laughed as I read it aloud. The childhood theme was evidently going to continue in my shirts. This one said

                                                                Cutie Pi