Eight: Living With Gavin

"Gavin...I hate to ask this...especially you...but do you think we could stay at your house for a while?" Hank asked. Gavin laughed.

"Alright, but you have to do whatever I tell you," Gavin stated.

"Screw that! C'mon Connor. Let's go Sumo," Hank decided aloud.

"Hold on, Lieutenant. You can stay with us," Nines agreed.

"Nines!" Gavin shouted.

"Thanks. At least the robot's got some humanity," Hank said as he passed Gavin.

"Last time I checked, it's my house!" Gavin yelled.

"Last time I checked, you're part of the reason my house burned down," Hank pointed out.

"That's fair," Gavin admitted. So, everyone piled in Hank's car and headed to Gavin's house. However, they all forgot one important detail...

"Sumo! Stop chasing the goddamn cats!" Hank shouted before a cat jumped up and stuck to his face with its claws. "Fu-!" Gavin could no longer hold his fit of laughter and was now red faced and ready to pass out.

"Gavin, I advise you calm down as to not compromise your respiratory integrity," Nines warned. Gavin didn't listen, so Nines punched him so hard that he fell unconscious before picking him up and carrying him to his room.

"Well then..." Connor stated as Hank peeled the cat from his face.

"Hopefully he doesn't wake up," Hank remarked.

"You don't mean that," Connor replied.

"Hell yeah I mean it. He's annoying, and now I find out he's a fucking cat person," Hank pointed out.

"Make yourself a place on the couch. You need your rest for the investigation tomorrow," Connor advised. Hank nodded and did as he was told. Connor sat on the ground next to the couch where Hank was laying.

"Man, I wish I coulda had time to get some things out of the house..." Hank admitted. Connor beamed.

"Actually, Lieutenant—" he was cut off by snoring, and turned to find that Hank was fast asleep. Connor got up and walked out of the house for a stroll.

"Hey, kid! Where ya headed?" Someone asked from a few feet behind Connor. He stopped and turned around to face the figure. It towered over him, which, in retrospect, wasn't very hard to do in Connor's current state.

"I'm just going for a walk. And I'm not a child," Connor stated.

"Don't lie to me kid. How old are you? Ten? Maybe younger?" The woman asked.

"I'm an adult. My name is Connor. I'm the Android sent by Cyberlife," Connor explained. The woman smiled.

"An Android, Huh? Wait...I know you...you're that weird Android detective that everyone was talking about before your little revolution," the woman realized. Connor set himself and got ready for a fight. The woman pulled a knife on him and stalked closer. Connor kicked her shins and caused her to keel over. She then slashed his stomach open with the knife as he punched her in the face.

"Connor?!" Connor heard Nines call for him. The woman grabbed Connor by the arm and held the knife to his neck.

"Say one word and I gut you like a fish," she hissed before dragging Connor behind her and throwing him in the bed of a truck. She climbed in the driver's seat and hit the gas, speeding forward and causing a loud screech to echo through the air that acted as a beacon for Nines to find them.

"Connor! Jump! I'll catch you!" Nines shouted. Connor steeled himself and jumped from the back of the truck, falling to the ground with a gut-wrenching crunch! He turned his head and analyzed the plates of his attacker's truck as well as the make, model, and color.

"Connor! Are you alright?! What happened?!" Nines questioned.

"I...I wanted to go back to Hank's...Hank's house..." Connor explained.

"Why?!" Nines questioned.

"I wanted to...salvage things..." Connor answered.

"You didn't need to leave late at night! What the hell were you thinking?! You're an Android! Androids are supposed to be smarter than that!" Nines shouted.

"I just...wanted..." Connor was forced into stasis before he could finish.

"Dammit," Nines mumbled. He picked up Connor and hailed a taxi to Kamski's mansion.

"Mr. Kamski! I need your help!" Nines called. A Chloe opened the door and gasped.

"Come in. I will get Elijah," she assured Nines, who nodded a thanks and sat down with Connor.

"RK900. What're you doing here so late?" Kamski asked.

"Connor's been severely damaged...again. I need you to fix him," Nines explained. Kamski nodded and reached for Connor, to which Nines reflexively cradled him away from Kamski.

"Conan, if you want me to help, you know you have to hand him over," Kamski stated.

"Just...don't reset him," Nines said, almost pleadingly.

"Hopefully I won't have to," Kamski replied before taking Connor from Nines, who patiently waited for fourteen hours.