XXV. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE

ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE!

OCTOBER 1992

2nd Year

• • • •

Annabelle, Ron and Hermione were walking through the corridors after abandoning the feast, looking for Harry, when Annabelle suddenly stopped, looking around as she heard and ominous whisper run through the air, sending chills down her spine.

"What is it, Anna?" Hermione questioned, once she and Ron noticed the girl had stopped.

Annabelle turned back to her friends, licking her lips, "Nothing." She said quietly, shaking her head.

The three continued their search for Harry, Annabelle still hearing the voice, making her glance around wearily. They turned a corner, coming face to face with none other than the boy they had been searching for.

"Harry..." Hermione said in relief.

"Did you hear it?" Harry asked the three of them.

Ron looked at him. concerned and confused, "Hear what?"

"That voice." Harry said, making Annabelle snap her head towards her brother.

Hermione looked at him, starting to get concerned herself, "Voice? What voice?"

"I heard it," Annabelle said, and now it was her turn to be looked at with worry and concern, "That's why I stopped earlier."

"I- heard it first in Lockhart's office, and then, again, just—," The Potter twins heard the voice once more.

"It's time."

Harry and Annabelle started getting tense.

"It's moving." Annabelle said.

"I think it's going to kill." Harry finished, causing Harry and Annabelle to rush past their friends and down the corridor, following the eerie whispers.

"'Kill'?" Ron exclaimed.

Hermione and Ron started to run after the pair, "Harry, Annabelle, wait! Not so fast!" The girl cried.

Harry and Annabelle turned a corner, before coming to a stop in the middle of the corridor. They then looked down to see the floor was wet before Harry walked to the right, as Ron and Hermione ran to catch up with them, also stopping abruptly when they and Annabelle followed Harry's line of sight, seeing numerous spiders scurrying away through a crack in the window.

"Strange...," Harry whispered, "I've never seen spiders act like that."

"I don't like spiders," Ron said, they then glanced at something else on the floor, "What's that?" The boy asked.