Chapter 6

Max's P.O.V

Quietly I heard my phone notify me of a text. Puzzled, I pulled it out of my pocket and unlocked it
"Hey Max, Its Melanie"
I texted her back "Hi, if you don't mind my asking, how did you get my number?"
"Alex gave it to me in case you had another incident lol"
"No offense but I'd rather not hahaha"
"lol I agree"
"Was that it?"
"Actually no"
"Ok"
"Just wanted to say be nice to Alex, as cliche as it is"
"Not at all, I'd never hurt her"
"Good, whats she doing?"
"Sleeping, why?
"Just checking. She was pretty worried about you"
"I know"
"You know, she cares about you a lot"
"I can safely say, that that feeling is mutual ma'am"
"Good to 'hear', now, I'm not going to comment on your not being at school or what you two were doing ;) But do you feel like coming over for dinner tonight? So I can meet you and not the 'groggy-with-bloodloss' you"
I grinned
"Sounds good"
Just then, I heard a shuffling and Alex sat upright and wrapped her arms around my waist and started kissing up and down my neck, making me shiver
"Gtg, Alex is up, see ya later" I thumbed quickly to Melanie
"Ok, have fun ;)"
I turned my phone off and pulled Alex onto my lap
"Hey you, feeling better?" I grinned
"Mhmm, much better now that you aren't hemorrhaging on the floor unconcious"
I ducked my head "I'm sorry! I'd forgotten it was there, I promise I'll be more careful"
She studied me through narrowed eyes "Apology accepted, I can't be mad at you for long anyway" she shrugged and pressed her mouth to mine. Without breaking this gentle kiss, I put my hands on her waist and shifted her so she was straddling my hips. I wrapped my arms around her waist, tugging her closer. Softly, she smiled against my lips and wrapped her arms around my neck, while she wrapped her legs around my waist.
"So, apparently I'm going over to your place for dinner" I waggled my eyebrows at her
"Really? I assume mom texted you?" She raised an eyebrow. I nodded and kissed the tip of her nose
"I'll text my mom before we leave, so she knows where I am" I smiled. I glanced at the clock and back at Alex
"You hungry? Or are you still full from breakfast?"
She grinned "Hungry for what? Hmm? Food? Nope. Still full. But I am hungry for this" She grabbed a fistful of my shirt and pulled me down for a kiss Sighing happily, I fell backwards so my head was on my pillow and Alex was on top of me. Our arms around each other, hair around us like a curtain, legs tangled up together; we just lay there. Kissing. No frantic shirt ravaging. Just us enjoying the feel of each other. Her velvet lips moving with mine, the smell of her surrounding me. Sweet and fruity, it was everywhere.

Alex's P.O.V

All I could smell was Max. She smelled woodsy, like crushed pine needles and a thunder storm. Her golden, sun-kissed skin, was soft and warm to the touch. I was excited to be having Max come over tonight. It meant that mom approved of her thus far.
"Well, I'm hungry. So could ya let me up?"
I looked at her, with a small smile
"Fine, but only cuz you said please" I kissed her once more gently and rolled off her. With a grin, she got up and went downstairs to the kitchen, where she pulled out six pieces of bread, three slices of pretend cheese, butter and a frying pan.
"How can you eat that many grilled cheese???"
Her grin grew impossibly wider "One: cuz I love 'em, and two: cuz hemorrhaging will do that"
Oh. Right. Woops.
As she prepared her lunch, I studied her. The graceful, lithe way she moved, her lean, strong build. Her hair was silky and shiny, and her teeth were arctic white and perfectly straight. Everyone has imperfections, and Max's was that she had self-harm scars up and down her arms, top and bottom. Seeing them made me sad, but also proud that she was strong enough to make it through whatever or whoever had made her hurt herself. Just then I got a text. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. It was mom
"Hey btw I invited your gf (?) over for dinner"
That stopped me for a sec. What were Max and I? Were we dating?
"Hey Max?"
I looked up to see her chewing a giant mouthful of sandwich. She looked like an adorable chipmunk.
"Mmm?" she mumbled
What are we? Like, are we dating oooor?....." To be honest, I was a little nervous to hear her answer. She swallowed her mouthful "Yes" she said without hesitation. Then she seemed to consider something "Unless you don't want to?......"
She looked nervous and I quickly fixed it
"No! No! Of course I do!! Of course I want you as my girlfriend!!"
"Good, me too" she grinned and took another huge bite of her sandwich

A/N Heeeeeeeyy guys, I'm soooo excited, this has over 300 reads overall!!! Yayyy! You guys are the BEST!!! For reading this,m and for putting up with me and my strangeness. Plus updating gave me a chance to fuel my addiction to Breaking Benjamin and Fit for Rivals
Renee Phoenix is TOTALLY my celebrity crush, right along with TJ from The Nearly Deads. All 3 bands I listed are AMAAAZING and you guys should check them out~ I'll update again soon!!! Gay girl's honor!!! Love ya!!