Falling Star

I still haven't read the whole novel so not all parts will be on point, however, I still hope all of you enjoy these scenarios I wrote.

Written for day 2 of fictober challenge. The prompt I chose is 'Stardust'.

__ - __

Due to the probability of a storm rising in the air, both earth and sky were shaking with fear. No one knew what caused it, no one knew how to stop it.

The Star Stream itself was close to its destruction. Yoo Joonghyuk should be glad, this was what he spent his three lifetimes to archive, and yet he wasn't.

One by one, the stars was disappearing from the sky, and people continued to lose their lives.

Yoo Joonghyuk was stuck in between all that.

He had no time to think about anything at the moment, the star was falling a little away from him.

Kim Dokya's star was falling.

He was trying to find a way to stop the upcoming disaster but made no explanation of how he's planning to do it.

Yoo Joonghyuk needed to get back to him, or else he might slip away from his grasp again.

He always does.

Makes them worry over him, traumatize them with his each and every death, and yet, he comes back with his unlucky smile again.
But, his luck will run out sooner or later, and they all dreaded to see that moment.

It took Kim Dokya three years for him to return to Yoo Joonghyuk last time. No one wanted to find out how long it would take him this time.

Yoo Joonghyuk turned to run after him, only to come face to face with hideous creatures lurking all around him, preventing him from moving forward.

They stood in his way.

They stood in the way of him getting back to Kim Dokya.

They had to die.

He quickly started slaying them down, their blood dripped on the floor as their lifeless bodies fell down without much resistance, they never stood a chance after him, unlike what they were told.

His bloody sword continually slashed at them, not even a hint of hesitancy in his dark eyes.

He needs to get to Kim Dokya.

He didn't stop until all of them were down, and he immediately started running forward.

His path was cleared by his companions, each of them shouting pleas for him to hurry onward, so he did.

He ran and activated his skill to jump upwards, holding his outstretched to catch the falling light.

When he landed, in his bloody arms, he holds a small but bright star.

He cradles it closer and sighs at the warm feeling coming from it.

Suddenly, a light grows bigger, forcing Yoo Joonghyuk to look away, and when he looks back, a man with black wings and a smile is holding his bloody hands in a tight grip. His usually white coat was stained by his stories stardust, now slightly purple with dirt patches on it.

Yoo Joonghyuk let's out a relieved sigh when their eyes meet.

"I'll kill you next time you leave, Kim Dokya."

"Got it." The man murmurs back, followed by a quiet laugh.

__ - __

This one is short but my previous update was longer so I hope it doesn't bother you guys too much, I'm sorry, but I had zero inspiration for this prompt. 😅💙