Chapter II : When God Pan Hid Under a Glamour Charm

Start from the beginning

She quickly collects herself before inhaling deeply. It's a one word mantra, yet it needs a person's ten-year worth of energy just to cast it itself.

"Eleftheróno." She exhales.

The fairies nod their heads in approval as they fly back a little, and throw what looks like a handful of golden glitters. Love looks around, she hears the chant of incantations that she cannot seem to make out yet; but one thing she knows, they're in Greek.

The golden gate finally opens. Love takes Levi's arms in fear of getting attacked by the small fairies that keep chattering gibberish words all around her. It could be a curse, prayers, blessings... anything.

The forest, though, they give a sense of calm and peace. Owls watch them from a far. Trees are swaying with the cold breeze of Mt. Lykaion. As far as the book tells, they are communicating with each other as well as they are greeting the young casters that are about to enter the Unseen Realm.

The whispers among the trees can be heard, though many casters mistake them for wind. Love grimaces when it feels like her senses are becoming ten times stronger, it happens a lot when she enters a sacred place; especially when they are full of magic and ancient history.

Fireflies help them see in the dark, in fact, they are the light of the forest, along with the nymphs that protect and watch over the forests aside from the satyr and Pan himself.

Love yawns, a sudden urge to sleep washes over her. She wides her eyes in shock when she realizes. "That's weird, I'm sleepy." She says quietly.

"Yeah, they have that affect on you." Levi tells her.

"Cool," Love grins, "does that mean I can hang out here more often? So, I can sleep?"

"Over mom's dead body."

"What's wrong with your sleep?" Nikolas asks.

Love turns to him. "I'm insomniac."

"Sounds bad. Are you going to therapy for that?"

"Uh-huh. They make me do meditations which always, always makes me astral project into another realm or something." Love says nonchalantly. "I think I went to Mt. Olympus once. Kind of gave me the creep though. It was not as beautiful as I thought."

"Wait, you astral projected to Mt. Olympus?" Levi raises her brows in curiosity. "How? And what did you see?"

Love frowns when she hears a soft singing of lullaby from the depth of the forest, it echoes through the trees. "Just ruins." She mutters, looking down at her feet to make sure it isn't the sound of her footsteps. "I think, yes. They are ruins. I didn't see anybody though."

"And why didn't you tell us?"

"It wasn't important. I astral projected in my sleep! I don't even know whether I'm awake or astral projecting right now."

The singing and soft voices of women can be heard louder as soon as they headed deeper into the forest and toward the Ancient Gate. A few fairies guide them through the path, flowers are blooming, and streams of fresh, blue water are flowing on their left side.

Levi's writing down something on her journal. Love starts to get sleepier as some young nymphs begin to peek their heads out behind the trees, their pupils kind of glows in the dark which nearly knocks Love back to her state of insomnia. Her breathing grows ragged, the fear in her chest begins to rise!

Is that how they look like behind glamours? She thought to herself. Because as far as she knew, every kinds of nymphs and fairies are gorgeous.

"Let's walk faster." Love whispers to her two companions. She starts to walk a lot faster. The singing, women voices, wave of sleepiness, and the glowing eyes has overwhelmed her to her bones.