"We'll stay back. If you guys need help just yell." Naomi said, calling Absol out. Gary looked back and nodded. Korrina had Lucario out and ready, as well as Bonnie and Luca who had their Delphox and Houndoom out as well.

"Hey," Clemont muttered, pulling up next to Serena and Ash. Gary showed up a moment later.

"What's the plan here?" Gary asked.

"Pikachu and Liepard will distract them from the front. You two sneak around behind and attack from the back. It looks like they found new crystals." Ash replied. Gary and Clemont nodded, slinking away with their Pokémon. "You ready?" Ash looked at Serena. She nodded, determination shining in her bright blue eyes.

Just as Serena had Liepard jump out and yowl, a frantic "No!"  came from Naomi. Liepard and pikachu were already out, Ash and Serena making themselves known to the Malamar, who turned their steely gazes on the trainers and their Pokémon. A huge net shot out of nowhere, trapping the three Malamar.

"What in Arceus?" Ash shouted, spinning around. "Clemont, Gary!" The two boys and their Pokémon appeared across the ruin.

"We got you now!" A Crobat appeared after the yell, followed by Manetric, Nidoking, and Druddigon.

"Pikachu Thunderbolt!" Ash yelled.

"Liepard Shadow Claw!" Serena commanded.

"Luxray use Wild Charge!"

"And Umbreon use Dark Pulse!" The Pokémon all fired their moves, but the rival Pokémon dodged. Suddenly Aliana, Proton, Celosia, and Petrel appeared with cruel smiles and called out their other Pokémon.

The four of them called moves for their Pokémon, forcing Ash and the three that were with him to dodge. Fortunately, the rest of the gang stepped in, firing off attacks that intercepted the moves used by Team Rocket and Team Flare's Pokémon.

"You!" Ash yelled angrily. I thought your boss was in jail and Lysander was dead!" He spat.

"What do you want with those Pokémon?" Serena called, clenching her fists.

"Giovanni sends his regards to his children," Proton smiled nastily. "Naomi, he misses you dearly, why don't you come back?"

"I don't think so Proton." Naomi clenched her teeth. "Absol use Psycho Cut!" The rest of the gang called out moves for their Pokémon, which collided with following moves from the four admin's Pokémon. Unfortunately, Manetric's Thunderbolt got through Liepard's Dark Pulse, slamming into the dark type and sending her into one of the pillars. Serena grit her teeth and called Liepard back, choosing Delphox as a replacement.

Helicopter blades sounded in the distance while the rivals were battling their hardest. Clemont glanced over his shoulder, eyes wide as he watched. "They're taking them!" He yelled, trying to warn his friends. Ash glanced back and his face twisted into a snarl as he commanded Pikachu to attack the helicopter. A moment later, a dark beam of energy slammed into his back, sending him flying against a pillar as the world went black around him. Pikachu screamed as he turned away, sprinting to his trainer.

Serena saw the Hyper Beam hit Ash in the back, sending him flying into a stone pillar that was behind him, then crumpled down. Serena screamed and ran for him, trusting Delphox to watch her back. The others saw Ash go down, and quickly replaced Pikachu and Delphox as they tried to hold the admins off of Serena and the Malamar. It was no use though, the helicopter lifted away a moment later.

Proton smirked. "Our work here is done. Team Rocketflare sends their regards." The four of them disappeared into the darkness surrounding Spear Pillar.