"What? There's no way you can see that, the mountain is like 10,000 feet high." Gary said, furrowing his brows.

"There's a weird rippling at the top. I don't know, it looks off." The day was clear so the distant peak of the mountain was visible, surrounded by the telltale fog at the very top where Spear Pillar was located, but it wasn't a particularly warm day, so it wasn't the heat waves creating the rippling effect in the fog. Gary squinted his eyes, and after a few seconds saw it.

"I see what you mean," he muttered.

"Something big is moving up there." Clemont replied. The whole gang was now looking at the mountain.

"Let's go check it out." Ash muttered. With renewed vigor, he took off for the entrance to the mountain. "We gotta find a path to the top,"

"Spear Pillar is up there you know, is this really a good idea?" Clemont asked, concerned.

"That's why I need to check it out. Spear Pillar is like the gateway of Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina." Ash replied. "There shouldn't be anyone up there to begin with, no one knows where the entrance is, except for myself and a few others."

"Alright if you're sure Ash," Clemont conceded. They kept up a steady pace until they reached the mouth of the cave. From there, Ash lead the way up to Spear Pillar. They were just about to enter when Ash had his friends stop for a moment.

"Once we get out there we need to stay hidden. I don't know what's up there, but with that rippling it can't be good." He whispered. The rest nodded, and followed him through the gateway.

Serena caught her breath. The fog laid over everything like a blanket, and she could see millions of stars. It was beautiful.

They quickly took cover behind one of the ruined columns. Ash peaked around, his brown eyes focused and solid with determination.

"Oh my Arceus," Ash whispered, his eyes widening as his mouth opened in disbelief.

"What?" Serena asked, peaking around his shoulder. She gasped and drew back, leaning against the stone column. "It's those Malamar,"

"That's impossible we saw them leave." Clemont said, eyes narrowing. Bonnie looked frightened, and Luca was currently holding her.

"What's this all about?" Gary asked, confused. Ash looked back at his friends.

"Years ago when I was traveling with Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont, we came across a group of three Malamar who were messing with these huge energy crystals. The Malamar were trying to use them and their power to somehow alter the world of Pokémon and make it suitable for them." Ash explained.

"Okay first of all, why do you get all of the coolest adventures?" Gary asked crossing his arms. "And secondly, if they're back, that can't be good."

"Ash, they told us they would succeed in their plan eventually. It's been seven years, I'm certain they are way more powerful and way more calculating. And the fact that they are here on top of Spear Pillar, that is not a good thing." Clemont said.

"We have to stop them." Bonnie said, clenching her fists. "It's the only way to protect the Pokémon and all the people in the world." Ash nodded, his hand rising to Pikachu.

"Come on bud," he whispered. Pikachu jumped off of his shoulder to the ground and followed Ash who was creeping slowly closer.

"Liepard let's go," Serena whispered, calling out the dark type. It yowled softly and slunk to the ground, following Serena who followed Ash. Clemont, Luxray, Gary, and Umbreon did the same.