Chapter 13: Secret Mission From The Russian Mafia

Author's note: STOP! Before you continue reading, you must watch the trailer for this book!! I've attached it to this chapter and ITS SO GOOD PLEASE JUST WATCH IT. Big thank you to SherrioxCherrio for making it!

*****************************

Chapter 13: Secret Mission From The Russian Mafia

I've always liked Biology.

In fact, although many considered it to be tedious, it was one of my favorite subjects. Physics had never made any sense to me and Chemistry made my head hurt, but Biology didn't do either. Biology was surprisingly interesting. I liked Biology. Or at least I thought I did, until our teacher walked into the Biology lab and announced that we'd be dissecting a cow heart today.

"You do it!"

"I don't want to do it," Georgia said. "You do it!"

"I don't want to do it either!" I cried.

"Would you two stop freaking out?" Alice snapped, snatching the scissors out of my hand. "It's just a heart."

My mouth fell open and I stared at her in disbelief.

"Just a heart?" Georgia repeated. "JUST A HEART?"

Alice rolled her eyes and let out an annoyed sigh. "Look, the cows already dead. We might as well put its heart to good use."

"Alice!" I cried.

"What?" She shrugged. "It's true."

"How could you be so heartless?" Georgia hissed.

Alice immediately chuckled. A chuckle that was more evil than joyous. "Not as heartless as that cow."

Georgia and I exchanged horrified looks before taking a step away from Alice.

"Alright, fine. If you two don't want to help me then I'll do it by myself," Alice announced, taking the scissors and poking the heart.

"I'm going to pass out," I mumbled, pulling a disgusted face as I caught another whiff of the stench emanating from the cow heart.

We watched in disgust, but also mild fascination, as Alice proceeded to cut up the heart like we'd been instructed to do so.

Despite the fact that her facial expression remained calm and slightly bored, I could tell Alice was probably enjoying this a lot. She liked weird and gruesome things and what could get weirder and gruesomer than cutting apart a cow's organ?

"So Georgia," Alice said, as she cut through the heart. "Have you told Ella about your little crush?"

"What little crush?" I asked, turning to look at a suddenly red faced Georgia.

Lately, I had been spending very little time with my friends. The last time we'd properly hung out had been at the bonfire, but even then it hadn't been just the three of us. Although we weren't the kind of friends to spend every spare moment we had with each other, it was strange for us to not have hung out in such a long time.

A wave of guilt washed over me as I realized that I didn't have anybody else to blame for this apart from myself. If I hadn't been spending so much time getting arrested and jumping out of planes, I probably would've been more involved in Alice and Georgia's lives.

"There's no little crush," Georgia mumbled, glaring at Alice.

"I saw that!" I cried, pointing an accusatory finger at Georgia. "Are you two keeping secrets from me?"

Georgia immediately looked down, a guilty expression on her face.

It didn't take a genius to figure Georgia out. Sure, she was smart, but she was also incredibly transparent. She couldn't lie to save her life and if she did, it would eat her alive until she confessed the truth.