Chapter 15: Luke's Big Bash

Author's note: Dedicated to NaturallyFiona for the new cover and for the cover on the right! They're both amazing

********************************

Chapter 15: Luke's Big Bash

"Ella," Luke began, calmly. "Let go of the baby."

I glared at him, squaring my shoulders so I could look as threatening as possible.

"No!" I snapped.

Luke looked completely unaffected by my fierce stance as he rolled his eyes at me. Not that I had expected him to be terrified. I mean, at 6'2" he towered over me even when we were sat down, but some sign of fear would have been nice.

"You have to let go," Luke said, glancing purposefully towards Coach Parkinson.

Today was the day; the day we had to return Cactus. After everything we'd been through together, we were finally giving her back. Well, we were supposed to be anyway.

"I can't," I insisted, pulling Cactus' plastic body possessively towards me.

"Can't or won't?" Luke asked, raising an eyebrow as he leaned back in his seat. I tried hard not to stare as he lifted up one of his toned arms and ran a hand through his messy brown hair. It wasn't fair that he looked so freaking attractive all the time. Nobody deserved to have genes that good!

"Won't," I mumbled, my cheeks going slightly red as I realized I was just staring at him. "But we've made so many great memories with her. How am I supposed to give her up like this?"

Luke stared at me for a minute, trying to figure out whether I was being serious or not, before he spoke. "I know," he said slowly, as if he was choosing his words carefully. "But if you love something you should let it go. If it comes back to you it was always meant to be, right?"

This time, I stared at him, trying to figure out if he was kidding or not.

"You realize Cactus is a plastic doll, don't you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that question?" Luke said, his eyes lighting up in amusement as he smirked at me.

Realizing what he was trying to say, I rolled my eyes and loosened my grip on Cactus. "Fine," I mumbled, "but don't deny the fact that you're going to miss her. I saw how much you freaked out when we thought we lost her yesterday! Which, by the way, was all your fault."

"I did not freak out," Luke scoffed. "Like I would care about a stupid plastic doll."

"Miss Smith," Coach Parkinson interrupted, making me look up at him with a frown. "Your baby please?"

Sighing softly, I nodded and gave Cactus a quick kiss on the forehead, before gently placing her back in the cardboard box she had come from, only a month ago. I watched Coach Parkinson move onto the next pair, before turning back around and glumly staring at my desk.

"What are you doing next weekend?" Luke asked suddenly, leaning forward so that his elbows were resting on my desk.

"Nothing," I mumbled. It wasn't like he even needed to ask, considering the fact that my social life was pretty much nonexistent. "Why?"

What was it going to be this time? Jumping out of a hot air balloon? Pushing me off a cliff?

"I'm having a party," Luke said. "And you're coming."

It took me a few minutes to realize what he was trying to say and when his words finally sunk in, I let out some kind of startled squeak.

"You're what?" I cried. "I'm what?"