30

"Are you sure this is the only place with good service?" Hyunjin questions Chaeyeon who was currently dialing the police to come and help them.

The two were still currently in the vents of the office that Mark and the other girls were in and their voices had to be lower than the sound of silence. "Yes, I've been here many times before. I know how Mark works and I've documented everything about this place." Chaeyeon whispers and begins to dial 911.

The phone easily began to ring at the low volume Chaeyeon had it at and the two girls put their ears close the device. The phone continues to ring, and ring, and ring, but there was no pick up on the other side of the line.

"How does 911 not answer-" Hyunjin whispered but was cut off by the sound of the line chipping out and a voice echoing from the other side of the line.

"911, what is your emergency?" The voice on the line echoed, Hyunjin and Chaeyeon tried their best to hide their excitement but realized they had to answer. And quietly too.

"H-hello, we will be needing the fire department and the police" Chaeyeon quietly whispered into the phone, but nothing was to be heard on the other line.

"Sorry, would you mind repeating that again?" The voice on the other line asked again, this time a bit louder.

"We need the police and the fire department" Hyunjin, this time, says into the phone, just the slightest bit louder but still nothing was heard on the other line. The receptionist was getting annoyed quickly.

"Please know that emergency service lines are not for your foolish pranks. Please understand there are other life's on the line and playing around is putting them in jeopardy. Goodbye" The line cut off.

Hyunjin and Chaeyeon shared a look of disappointment and sighed in unison. Well that was until another idea came to Hyunjin as she snatched the phone from Chaeyeon's hold.

"What are you doing?" Chaeyeon questioned when she had seen Hyunjin furiously type into her phone on her keypad. She had dialed the one and only number she knew off the top of her head and when she had pressed dial, she was thankful to hear another other than...

"🎶Cherry bomb forest rangers, how may we protect you?"

The forest rangers.

Their iconic jingle was thankfully not too loud and Hyunjin sighed in relief that she had remembered the number after Choerry just briefly mentioned it to them hours ago. The ring only fazed the ears slightly and Hyunjin could easily hear the faint static on the other line.

"Hello, Hello, how may we protect you on this beautiful Friday afternoon??"

The voice on the other line had rung and Hyunjin was astonished to hear she had been in this place for so long that literally days had passed by. But that's besides the point, she had a more important task at hand.

"H-hello, we're gonna need some help" Hyunjin whispers into the phone just to make sure she could be heard clearly.

"And what help do you need exactly"

Hyunjin could hold back her excitement when she had heard the voice echo from the other line. The rangers never failed to surprise her.

"W-we are being held hostage in a large house in tree valley" Hyunjin explains into the phone but the lack of a response triggers her anxiety. "Hello, is anyone there?" Hyunjin questioned into the phone but there was still no answer.

She had tried to turn on the phone to see what was the problem, but when she couldn't turn on the phone she finally understood her problem

The phone had died.