Chapter 22: Interagation Part 1

I pull up to the police station, and walk in there with a smirk on my face, knowing soon I'll be able to go home. I walk into the room across from the real interrogation room, and through the one-way mirror, I see Toomes handcuffed to the table.

I walk over to the two cops who are sitting at the desk in front of the room. "How was the car ride here? Anything notable?" I ask, and grab a file of the case, flipping through making sure I don't forget anything.

"Nothing besides how he doesn't like Spider-Man. Maybe you should also ask him about the case, if you knew who he actually was," the left cop said.

"I'll see if I can contact him, but I'm going to get this thing over with. Mind if I ask a few questions," I say.

"Take your time. Probably could do better than our best," the cop on the right says. I shoot them a smile, then enter the room where Toomes was in. He looks up at me, and smiles wickedly.

"Y/n Romanoff. I've heard about your work, and let me say, I'm a fan," he says, and I sit down across from him at the desk.

"I guess with my reputation precedes me," I say, unamused with him trying to suck up to me.

"Well you are the girl who cheated death. You know, I know a lot of people who are jealous of you for that day in Sokovia," he says.

"A reputation is a reputation. Plus, I have almost died a lot. I guess I'm just a survivor," I smirk. "Now, let's actually get started on what I'm actually here for."

"You're the boss," he says.

"When did this weaponry selling started, because, now correct me if I'm wrong, your last known job was actually cleaning up the Avengers Tower back in 2012 after the Battle of New York. Let me guess, that's how you got alien products," I say, leaning back in my chair.

"Then sadly your crew was taken over and you lost your biggest job yet. You got mad and jealous, and since you have a wife and a daughter, you decided to sell weapons based on the alien substance you took from the sight that you were supposed to give in, but decided not to," I say, catching him by surprise.

"You're good," he says, and I smirk. "Why do I need to tell you anything?"

"That's kind of the point of me being here, getting answers from you," I say sarcastically.

"No, I can tell you're in a rush. Need somewhere to be?" he says, like he's the one interrogating me.

"Listen here, I ask questions, you answer. You're right, I'm in a rush to get this over with. Now, how did you keep the alien substances in stock for 4 years?" I ask, but he doesn't answer. I roll my eyes, knowing this isn't going to be easy.

I lean down to my boot and take out my pocket knife, and start to spin in on my fingers. "How about now?"

"Aren't you a part of SHIELD or the government? I thought they don't do that kind of thing," he says, unimpressed.

"Well, I guess you don't watch the news anymore, because SHIELD was shut down around 3 years ago, and I only worked for them for like 3 days. I do now work for the government, but they just want answers, they don't care how," I say, twirling the knife in my hand. Yes, they probably won't want me doing anything, but I got to get answers somehow.

"You don't seem like the girl to do that thing," he says leaning back in his chair.

"Then I guess you really aren't that big of a fan if you think that," I say. I take the knife and throw it at the side of him, cutting off some of his hair, but not cutting him. It landed behind him, sticking to the corkboard.

He looks behind him, and I could tell he was nervous. That's when I call the knife back to my hand, and I catch it. I was happy that my new gadget worked, but I hid it, and his nerves showed. "So, would you like to talk now?"

I still didn't get all of the information that I needed, but it was getting late, so I decided to let the police do their business and I'll come back tomorrow. So I walk out of the building, and drive back to headquarters.

Once I got there, I trudged in there, finding Happy and Tony talking in the kitchen. "Did you get everything you needed?" Happy asks, as I sit down next to Tony, Happy across from us.

"Not everything, but I'm close. I'm going back tomorrow," I say. "Did you tell Tony who got the Vulture?"

"I did," he says, looking at Tony.

"What? Look I'm proud of the kid, but I can't just give him back the suit after I said he would never get it back," Tony says, taking a sip of his drink.

"When have you ever stuck to anything you actually said? Peter deserves the suit, and maybe even join the big guys," Happy says.

"I agree. Without him, we wouldn't have him in custody right now," I say. "Peter could be a really good asset to the team. He got his first legitimate criminal on his own."

Tony sighs and says, "I hate it when you're right."

"I'm always right, so I guess you're mad a lot," I smirk.

"Happy call Peter and tell him to come over tomorrow. I got something I want to show him," Tony says, and Happy walks out of the room. "You might want to get some sleep if you're going to be here when Peter gets here, and for the Vulture guy."

"Can't wait," I say, sarcastically. I head to bed, tired. I put on some more comfortable, and slowly fall asleep.