Chapter 15: Don't Have To

I was dropped onto a field, and I rolled on the ground, and groaned in pain. I slowly get up, and I see Vision in front of me. "You know I have to do this," Vision says, and I can tell he doesn't want to.

"Then don't do it," I say. He doesn't listen and comes at me. He punches me in the stomach, making me scrunch down in pain. I tried to punch him in the face, but he turned into the weird hard metal. I scream in agony, holding my hurt hand. "I think that was a little harsh."

I kick my leg up over him, making me go over his shoulders. I was about to pull him down, but I fell through him, and he put me into a headlock. "That's not fair," I say, struggling to get out of his grip.

"You know what I would have to do if you break the Accords," Vision says. Then I see the familiar blue blur fly towards us and I see Pietro set down Wanda infront of us.

"Vision, let go of her. We are the people you want," Pietro says.

"She broke the law as well, she's the most dangerous," Vision says.

"Vision, you need to let her go. She didn't do anything wrong but helped a friend," Wanda says, walking closer, and I can feel his grip tighten. I struggle for air, and they both pause in their spot.

"I can't just let her go, it's my job," Vision says.

"It was also hers, but she knew that she would protect the people she loves even if that means breaking the law," Pietro says.

"Wouldn't you protect the people you love, even though it is wrong?" Wanda says, looking at Vision. Suddenly, I fall through Visions arms, and I cough air back into my lungs.

Pietro speeds me into his arms, and checks every speck of my body making sure I'm not severely injured. "What do I do now? I just broke the law. Ross is going to have me arrested the minute he sees me," Vision says.

"Who says you have to admit it to Ross? I haven't told him, and I get to do what I need to do to protect the people I love, and still do the job I love," I say. "Even if I hate my boss."

"You can even stay here in Scotland with us when you're not working. You can say that you and y/n are here at one of Tony's homes he let you borrow. He can't really say no to that," Wanda says. "You can stay in my apartment."

I smiled, and I could see Pietro's mouth open and I knew he was about to say something insulting, so I nudged him in the stomach. Vision starts to stamper, and I smile, seeing him all worked up. "I would love that," Vision says. "And how am I supposed to lie to Ross about this?"

"Well, you totally lied to me about Ross not sending you here," I say, and he was about to say something, but I cut him off. "Don't even deny it, I already know."

"That was for a mission, that's different," Vision says.

"Think of this as a mission," Wanda says. "Your mission is to be a regular guy, having a normal life. Just be yourself, and do what you want to do. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life sucking up to Ross, knowing we are out here?"

"We all know you care about us, mostly Wanda. So I know you still believe in the Accords, so do I, so why can't we do both? Be with the people we love and still fight for what's right?" I ask. I did want to keep working for the Accords, just not for Ross. Knowing Vision would be doing the same thing, it would make me feel better.

"Can I talk to Vis in private?" Wanda says, turning to Pietro and I. I nod, dragging Pietro away, while Wanda and Vision walk in the different direction. We both sit down on the ground, and I lay my head on his shoulder, tired after everything that happened today.

"So you actually still want to work with Ross?" Pietro says.

"I don't want to work with Ross, but it's not like I have a choice. If I could help people and not work for him, I would do it in a second," I say. "But Scotland is good too, mostly this guy that lives here."

Pietro chuckles, and wraps his arm around me, kissing the top of my head. "You're pretty great too," Pietro says, and I lift my head off his shoulder.

"Who says I was talking about you?" I say sarcastically, doing my best to hide my smirk. "You know there's a cute guy who lives on the floor below us."

"You are now forbidden to go even past that floor without me," Pietro says, and I laugh. I put my hand on his cheek, and pulled him in for a gentle kiss. "Have I told you how much I love you?" Pietro mumbles on my lips before pecking my lips one more time.

"You have mentioned it once or twice. I love you too, no matter what happens," I say.

"Well, come one, we should get back to the apartments," Wanda calls out to us, with a huge smile on her face. Pietro and I both get up, and walk their way, and we all walk to our apartment building.

I couldn't help but notice how much Vision and Wanda kept sneaking looks at each other. "You totally asked him out, didn't you," I whisper to Wanda so no one else could hear.

"Huh? W-what? No, why would you think that?" Wanda stampers and I laugh.

"You really think I wouldn't notice?" I say. "Don't worry, I think it's cute." Wanda smiles, and the rest of the night was peaceful.