𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

"Let me ask you a question. What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow, and you knew that they were gonna drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution? And you could just stop it with a flick of the switch. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you all?" Pierce asked the council.

Singh had a sour look, "Not if it was your switch."

Pierce looked at me and I nodded, pulling out my knife and grabbed her by her hair and snapped her neck to the side, holding the knife to her throat. Another councilwoman stabbed me in the bicep with her pen and pushing Singh away, pointing her gun at me while removing the mask on her face.

"I'm sorry. Did I step on your moment?" The red head smirked, looking towards me, "Revna. I know you're in there."

Pierce laughed, "No she's not. She's permanently Raven. Nothing you say to her will reverse it."

"I'm not usually one to give up." The ginger clenched her jaw, pointing her other gun at Pierce.

When her gaze was on him for a moment longer than she should have, I pushed the gun that was pointed at me, away, keeping a grip on her wrist as I put her arm behind her back. She brought her head back against my nose and I staggered, falling to my knees when she shot something at me, the contraption pulling my metal arm down onto the floor. I growled loudly when I tried to free myself but the pull was too strong.

"What are you doing?" Rockwell asked when the woman headed towards the computer.

"She's disabling security protocols and dumping all the secrets onto the Internet." Pierce said in amusement.

"Including HYDRA's." The woman smirked.

"And SHIELD's. If you do this, none of your past is gonna remain hidden. Or Revna's. You're really risking putting her in danger like that? Put all her secrets out in the open for people to judge? Are you sure you're ready for the world to see you as you really are?"

"Are you?" The woman asked in a deathly calm voice, locking eyes with Pierce and then looking back down towards the computers.

"Disabling the encryption is an executive order, it takes two Alpha Level members."

"Don't worry, company's coming." She smirked, letting a little giggle slip past her lips. She was enjoying this. A little too much. She got off on stuff like this.

"I'm glad you're here, Nick." Pierce chuckled as I grunted, trying to free my arm.

"Really? Cause I thought you had me killed." Fury glared at me and I glared at him.

"You know how the game works." Alexander huffed, "I did what I did to protect people.
Alexander Pierce: Our enemies are your enemies, Nick. Disorder, war. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow, or an EMP fries Chicago. Diplomacy? Holding action, a band-aid. And you know where I learned that; Bogota. You didn't ask, you just did what had to be done. I can bring order to the lives of seven billion people by sacrificing twenty million. It's the next step, Nick, if you have the courage to take it."

"No, I have the courage not to." Fury sent one last glare at the man as he lifted up his eyepatch and scanned his eye. I grunted, punching the magnet on the floor with my fist, hissing when blood started running down my knuckles.

"Done." The ginger looked down at her phone, "And it's trending."

Just as I punched the magnet until it dropped my metal arm, Pierce set off the pins he gave the council members beforehand. Both her and Fury pointed their guns at Pierce and I and I took a protective step in front of him.

"Unless you want a two inch hole in your sternum, I'd put that gun down. That was armed the moment you pinned it on." Pierce chuckled, amused even more when they lowered their weapons.

"Time to go, Councilwoman. This way, come on. You're gonna fly me out of here." Pierce snapped his fingers and I grabbed the ginger tightly, all of us walking out.

"You know, there was a time I would have taken a bullet for you." Fury said in disappointment.

"You already did. You will again when it's useful." Pierce smirked.

I hissed in pain when she jammed something into my side, an electric shock coursing through my body. She broke free from me and gave Fury the chance to shoot Pierce.

Natasha's POV:

When Pierce fell to the ground, Revna looked down at him and I swear I could see the guilt in her eyes before she looked back at me, no emotion in her hazel iris. From behind her mask I could see the scars on her face, the 'V' shape prominent.

Revna started running towards me while the building began shaking. I shot a widow bite at her, her body slowing down some before she kept coming. Tears welled in my eyes when I shot the last widow bite at her, her body slumping forward and falling on me. With a shaky hand I reached out and cupped her cheek, looking into her hazel eyes that looked so tired, her body still shaking from the aftershocks.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered in her ear, taking out a small needle and pressing it into her skin.

"Hail Hydra." Pierce coughed.

"Hail Hydra." Revna slurred, the knockout drug taking effect as she passed out in my arms. I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding, as I held her in my shaking arms.

"Let's get out of here."