The dodging game

It’s been exactly two weeks since Alexander and I kissed. I've been dodging him at all costs, it’s nearly impossible because he seems to be one of the popular kids. Stupid nerd! Crystle thinks I’m hilarious because twice I’ve charged into my room out of breath because I didn’t want him to see me.

"Come on loser, he's cute and has a nice ass" I hiss at her, mainly because I don’t want her to bed him.

"Hey. I am no one to respect a girl’s guys, but being that I enjoy watching you try to UNLIKE him. Hands off." She winks at me and I let myself fall on the sofa. I'm thankful for her words because I was getting worried about him. NO! Stop. You don’t like him, you don’t have to stop girls or HIM from having sex with each other. Gah! This is so confusing, I hate it! I have a paper due so I waste no time in stressing over some sexy nerd. I shower in a flash and run for the library, I have two hours to finish this shit and then it’s off to work. I dive into my paper and finish it with half an hour to spare. I lean back and take a deep breath. Winter exams are coming up and I really need to study hard for the final exams. I close my eyes for a minute and turn that minute into to 25 solid minutes. I feel someone shake me and I groan because I want keep sleeping.

"You’re going to be late sweet heart, come on wake up" Hang on. I know that voice, I explode my eyes open to see Alex in front of me. An unwelcomed smile is plastered on my face but I’m quick to push it away.

"What going on?" I yawn. He stands up and begins to pick up my stuff, I try and stop him but it’s no use.

"Your late" he smiles his stupid crooked smile. I hate you! I scream in my head. WAIT! Late?

"SHIT" I snap and run for the door. He catches up to me and pulls me from my elbow causing me to collide into his hard chest. Damn he's tall and built, I can't believe I never noticed it before.

"Hold up baby. I'll give you a ride so chill, we still have ten minutes" I fallowed him to his truck. Huh? I figured this guy to be an Audi kind of guy, but instead he as a black Silverado, pretty cool. He opens the door and I jump in. I watch as he walks around and jumps in himself.

"So, are you done hiding from me? Because FYI, I'm not going anywhere" Ops. I really did hope he hadn’t noticed. I sink into my seat and blush crimson.

"Don’t sweat it. I get it. I’m a bad kisser" I snap my head in his direction and he smiles at me.

"Are you joking?" He nods

"You’re a great kisser, I liked it" I can’t believe I just said that. Stupid stupid stupid.

"Oh yea?" He pulls up at the coffee house and turns the car off.

"See, just in time." He looked at me up and down.

"You look great in red" I look down at my red shirt and black pants. The day I bought this shirt, I bought it because I like how it was loose and translucent. I knew it would look great with skinny jeans and my boots.

"Thanks" I looked at his polo and white shorts, preppy and nerdy. Lovely.